Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Cambridge England
Hello to everybody, I recognise at least one name from the Atromech site.

My name is Richard, and I am currently building an R6 astromech droid, and an R4 at the same time. Whilst I'm at it, also building an 8D8 robot from Jabbas palace. My aim is to have my own man cave furnished with several droids (but my wife may have other ideas. In the past I have built a couple of Daleks, old style and the 2005 variety, and at present I am sharing my build area with my son who is using my Dalek moulds to build himself a 2005 Dalek but finished in the Imperial Cream & Gold colour scheme.

This is a great way to bond etc, but it does mean that my tools are often not where I left them, and sandpaper and filler get used up when my back is turned.

Anyway forums like this are a great way to share knowledge ideas and frustrations, and pick up thoughts on what next to build, and I look forward to getting to know you all better over the comming months and years.
So great to meet you, Richard, and welcome to the forum!  It always excites me how things like this allow us to connect with people on the other side of the world, folks we never would have had a chance to talk to otherwise.

Though I know a thing or two, my knowledge of the droids of the star wars universe is not comprehensive. Which one is 8D8?

Edit: Oh! I needed to scroll down. He's the torture bot!  cool Smile
Welcome to the group!