Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WED-15-ST68 Septoid Droid
Thank you so much! I have looked all over, and I have not seen anyone build this one. I plan on taking this one and Treadwell to Vasquez Rocks for a little photoshoot.
(02-08-2024, 11:24 AM)Paul6700 Wrote: I plan on taking this one and Treadwell to Vasquez Rocks for a little photoshoot.

Look forward to seeing photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
R5-D4 UK Builder club member.

My R5D4 Astromech Droid
I just had to comment on this droid again.
I've been sitting here looking at it; Most droids, when they're out in the real world, look out of place. I can't say they look "fake" exactly, but they don't look like they're part of the real world. This is something I struggle with constantly professionally as I try to make my creations look like they're real and fit into the environment we're placing them in. Sometimes I get it right, other times less so. An R2 unit will always look out of place where a robot from Boston Dynamics does not. I won't get into why that is, it's not important in this context, but it's something that always catches my attention when I see it.

Your WED looks like it belongs.

It doesn't look out of place at all in your workshop surrounded by all your very real, functional, tools, and I think that's pretty darn cool.
(02-09-2024, 05:20 PM)savagecreature Wrote: I just had to comment on this droid again.
I've been sitting here looking at it; Most droids, when they're out in the real world, look out of place.  I can't say they look "fake" exactly, but they don't look like they're part of the real world.  This is something I struggle with constantly professionally as I try to make my creations look like they're real and fit into the environment we're placing them in. Sometimes I get it right, other times less so. An R2 unit will always look out of place where a robot from Boston Dynamics does not. I won't get into why that is, it's not important in this context, but it's something that always catches my attention when I see it.

Your WED looks like it belongs.

It doesn't look out of place at all in your workshop surrounded by all your very real, functional, tools, and I think that's pretty darn cool.

Thank you so much for saying that. There was so much to figure out on this droid, and it really was a blast to build it.
I've been in lurking mode for awhile so I didn't get around to posting before, but great job.
(02-09-2024, 05:20 PM)savagecreature Wrote: Your WED looks like it belongs.

I can see the funny wobbly movement when I see the build Smile Will it be true to life that way too?