• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECCC 2023
Some random photos from ECCC 2023

[Image: normal_Droids_at_ECCC_2023_-_BB-82C_D-O2..._L3-G0.jpg]
Kresty's Droids at ECCC 2023
Lego BB-8, D-O, H-O15 Sentry, MCK-Y, Toolbox, L3-G0

[Image: normal_D-O_and_BB-8.jpg]
Lego BB-8 and D-O

[/url][url=http://www.rebeldroids.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=2154&fullsize=1][Image: normal_Toolbox_Emperor.jpg]
The Toolbox Emperor

[Image: normal_Wampa_s_got_Caspian_and_Ze_-_Exposure.jpg]
Ze and Caspian meet a Wampa
Love the tool box droid!
Bot Builder
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@PaulsBots
(03-08-2023, 09:53 PM)Paul6700 Wrote: Love the tool box droid!

Thanks, he's fun Smile

Until we fixed the hubs Friday, they were a bit frustrating, but now he's mostly just fun.  There are several things I really like about him:
  • I wanted to build "Lee's Droid", since I'd built "Oliver's".  Sort of a goal after meeting them.
  • I'm tickled that I found the actual found prop oil can so we could figure out his dimensions.  That's the first time I found an esoteric prop like that, so I'm too pleased with myself for that Smile
  • His ability to turn (on very smooth surfaces), since they didn't do that for the movie prop.  So, I was able to make it better!
  • The Lego tracks and TPU links work so well now.  The cog on the bottom had to be glued, however the actual treads are just snapped together, despite all the weathering and the TPU links, and they're very reliable.  So that's pretty cool.
  • The weathering effect is fun, though that was really fairly straightforward.  So, we're happy with it, but it's not in the same category of satisfaction as the first three.

I'd like to see more "real" builds of the toolbox.  Though, hanging out with the other builders a little, I seem to have some very esoteric droids.  Toolbox is pretty esoteric.  It's also like BB-8 or Artoo, where folks know who they are. 

Instead, they might think they're cool, and like the tracks, or H-015's holonomic drives.  But we have to explain where they are in the movies, and then they give us odd looks for building such esoteric builds.
Hey sometimes you have to just build for you! Glad it is working well and might have to add this one to my growing list.