Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paul's Second Treadwell
It is official, I am building a second Treadwell. This one will be slightly different than my original. My original droid was made to match the "A New Hope" Treadwell. This one will be a different color and arm configuration.

To start things off I am posting my drawings for the head. Please excuse my very poor drafting skills. My plan is to create a full set of accurate drawings for Treadwell. Anyone with real skills that wants to improve my drawings, please feel free.

[img]<a data-flickr-embed=[/img][Image: 52588469384_a0d470374d.jpg]" />
Page 1

[img]<a data-flickr-embed=[/img][Image: 52588640055_670f34acae.jpg]" />
Page 2

[img]<a data-flickr-embed=[/img][Image: 52587726397_0d3fbff4dd.jpg]" />
Page 3
Bot Builder
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@PaulsBots
I am starting with the head!

I ended up making a bunch of 3D printed parts that could go in the files section. Not sure exactly how to do that part. There are more STL files coming as I progress through this second build.

Here is the build video:

I hope you guys enjoy!
Sure i do. Smile
I'm super excited about this!!

Also, we'd *love* to host your files if you'd like to share them. The process, as it stands right now, is simply sending them to either Kresty or I and we'll upload them to the files section.

Your first Treadwell is very impressive. I can't wait to see what the next one will do!
(12-31-2022, 09:41 PM)savagecreature Wrote: I'm super excited about this!!

Also, we'd *love* to host your files if you'd like to share them. The process, as it stands right now, is simply sending them to either Kresty or I and we'll upload them to the files section.

Your first Treadwell is very impressive. I can't wait to see what the next one will do!

Thank you Savagecreature!

One of you guys send me an email at paul6700 at Yahoo.com and I will set you up with a dropbox link and then I can start the file sharing process. I have various parts from the original build, and it probably would be a good idea to add a picture with the different parts as reference.
Looks like I forgot one dimension. Thank you Ross, for pointing that out!

Updated drawing:

[img]<a data-flickr-embed=[/img][Image: 52602366582_c6417d7111.jpg]" />
Photo 
Working on the next section of the droid. Here is the terrible drawing of the mast.

[img]<a data-flickr-embed=[/img][Image: 52646148652_7953e1b83d.jpg]" />
Part 2 of this build.

Always fun to watch. Well made build, and video.

Thanks
Looking great.

I considered a full aluminum mast (albeit without the aluminum core) but I decided that it was probably much too expensive for my budget. Especially since I don't own a lathe capable of getting the pieces to the precise size.

Of course, my budget is currently precisely $0, so everything fits that description at the moment. Ah well, nobody ever claimed this was a cheap hobby.