Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who else added B2EMO to their list?
(10-21-2022, 08:25 PM)kresty Wrote: Michael Baddeley's working on stuff (via his Patreon). And there's a FB group. Some reference photos there. I guess we should copy some of those to reference here.

FYI he’s posted up a short YouTube video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
R5-D4 UK Builder club member.

My R5D4 Astromech Droid
(10-27-2022, 07:02 AM)Jaffa007 Wrote:
(10-21-2022, 08:25 PM)kresty Wrote: Michael Baddeley's working on stuff (via his Patreon).  And there's a FB group.  Some reference photos there.  I guess we should copy some of those to reference here.

FYI he’s posted up a short YouTube video

Baddeley's YouTube is at Mr Michael Alan Baddeley - YouTube
(10-27-2022, 07:02 AM)Jaffa007 Wrote: FYI he’s posted up a short YouTube video

Yep. I linked to that vid in my post.

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk
Michael Baddeley posted a Drinks n Droids recording about the design.

Tim Hebel is working on the drive system for it (not doing an independent design like James Bruton is), and has posted several more videos about that in this playlist.

They have some discussion of some of the issues with James's original design (e.g. fitting it into the body properly). Based on that, and the general availability of the prints so far, I might have to change my mind on which direction I go.

There are also some updates from Michael Perl regarding the human-cyborg relations vocalizer hardware.

I wish I could remember the info/schedule for the zoom meets. It's been about two years.
(10-22-2022, 06:36 AM)Dyne Wrote: Oh, continuing the list of observations from my original post, one thing I noticed on the Droid Factory figure is that there's a slightly raised circle at the left front corner of the recessed square on top of his head.  It made me wonder if he has some sort of periscope or other gadget there that simply hasn't been shown off yet.

It doesn't appear to be an artifact of the injection molding process, but I haven't seen many good photos or video of that area that confirm whether it's actually present on the droid or not (could be an invented detail).  Some of the videos seem to indicate it isn't there, but it could just be blending in very well.  I'll have to go back and look through the episodes to see if there's any footage showing it.

Turns out, this is a real detail, and flips over to reveal a holoprojector. Also, it's confirmed that Bee's head can rotate a full 360 degrees.

[Image: 62UJKlTl.jpg]