Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gt500e351w's Fusion Generator - Kresty Style / 3D Printed
Thank all 3 of you... Yeah no laser in my garage yet! I am mostly a metal fab guy, but its on my list of tools to add. 

I am making quick progress on the base, but I did remove one of the Vertical rings ( C ) and here is why. I wanted to provide AC power and a rocker switch, but the walls of the base are just a little too thin.  So I came up with this.

[Image: N9daXIv.jpg]

I designed it to house a IEC power receptacle and a lighted rocker switch, which will both be hidden on the "backside".  The IEC receptacle was about 2mm too tall so I had to make a notch in one of the 
horizontal rings - (D). This ring is hidden so no bid deal. The rocker switch has tabs to hold it in the socket tight, and the IEC will be held in by M3 Flat-head screws. It may also need some filler around the top of it to hide the lighting later. The receptacle itself just needed a visit from an 82 degree countersink for the screws and its done!

[Image: gHEW73w.jpg]

[Image: I8HjFnU.jpg]

[Image: LQnXkwe.jpg]

I attached the squares (E1) to one end of each angled vertical piece (E), overhanging half of it. This way I had an easy way of clamping the seams, and covering them as well! I glued one in place and then worked my way around until they were done.  I then worked the next horizontal rings (F) in place and glued them to (E). G, H, H1 are all printed, and I am printing the last top section as we speak. 

[Image: iq1uHdZ.jpg]
[Image: MaoChSC.jpg]      Drew Barbour -  GT500e351w@gmail.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gt500e351w's Fusion Generator - Kresty Style / 3D Printed - by GT500E351W - 08-22-2022, 12:59 PM