Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paper craft concept question
I'm trying to use the model provided and make the design in card so I have a good idea how the thing goes together. I can't find the square spacer panel that should fit over the skirt but before the body.
There is a component that is square but it would fall straight through the middle. Am I doing this right?
I'm having a hard time understand which part you mean.
Can you provide an image? Which plans? Which part of the plans?
Inside the top of the skirt there's a plane with respect to the floor that the "real" droid has the on/off switch on. Under the body and on top of that panel are some short walls that the body sits on - I think they're about parallel with the backs of the cutouts on the sides of the lower body. (That's how we built ours anyway).

I'm not sure which parts you're talking about though. Maybe we need an exploded view with labeled parts Smile
Yeah... It would be useful. I know I'm doing it in a material that's intrinsically to thin but it doesn't help.

Personally I wonder if there should be a version where there is only one of each component. It would be far easier for the template to be used more than once than having loads of bit, that said my printer can't print on card so I'm at a disadvantage.
(11-08-2019, 04:52 AM)James-Rice Wrote: Yeah... It would be useful. I know I'm doing it in a material that's intrinsically to thin but it doesn't help.

Personally I wonder if there should be a version where there is only one of each component. It would be far easier for the template to be used more than once than having loads of bit, that said my printer can't print on card so I'm at a disadvantage.

That makes sense.  I tend to have to rearrange things on the laser anyway as mine share edges &/or the stock I have ends up being a different size.

I tend to import the PDF to my desktop publishing software (most do that), and then rearrange the bits as needed.  I haven't done a lot of these projects, but so far I've mucked with things 100% of the time.