Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Savage's DRK-1 files
I went ahead and started a new thread for all of this so people will have a place to give feedback were I can find it and I can post images and such to explain things (where other people can find it!)

Feedback is always nice (I'm starved for attention).  If you find something inaccurate, show me a photo or something and I will try to get it fixed or maybe we'll alter it and have two versions.  If the piece doesn't print well and you think it would work better if I did it differently, let me know and we'll figure something out together.  Something too thin?   well, you get the idea.

Here are a couple of images of my model of the DRK-1 while it's still in the computer. It should at least give you some idea of what it's supposed to look like

[Image: normal_drk_front.PNG]
The Front

[Image: normal_drk_back.PNG]
The Back

It's always easy to make the model. Never as easy to make it so it can actually be built in the real world. I try very hard to imagine every detail of assembly as I'm creating each individual part, but sometimes I still get it wrong.  If you get to a point where you're like, "I can't get that part on because I glued this other part on and it blocks it" that's another thing I'd love to hear about. We'll do a redesign and see if the problem can be solved.

I'm like every designer since designers started designing things. I hate writing assembly instructions.  That's another thing I'd love the community's assistance with as things develop.

Here's an exploded view. It's missing the two outer spheres.  I would love to add some things to the design so it  could be opened up again after assembly so you could put electronics on the inside and be able to change batteries, collect a memory card, adjust something or other . .

[Image: normal_sploded~0.PNG]

Exploded View

So this is the deal. I just went to the directory with all of the most recent versions of the printable files and threw 'em into a zip and uploaded 'em.  There might be duplicates, there might be more than one version of a part, something might be missing. I don't think they're even named properly.  I just wanted to get something out there so people could start looking at them and/or working with them. I will review and revise in the future as needed.

They are in the files section here
Oh. And I did this a while back, for fun. I was going to print some postcards or something. Wasn't quite happy with it

[Image: normal_DRK_postcard_01.png]
That's fun! Do you have a vector or is it a bitmap? (In otherwords, I have a blueprint-y BB-8 drawing and this'd look cool next to it on the 11x17 paper I can print @ work).

(10-24-2019, 03:09 PM)savagecreature Wrote: Oh. And I did this a while back, for fun. I was going to print some postcards or something. Wasn't quite happy with it

[Image: normal_DRK_postcard_01.png]
It's raster only, but the full size image is pretty high res.
(10-24-2019, 06:22 PM)savagecreature Wrote: It's raster only, but the full size image is pretty high res.

I'll find a printer tomorrow Smile
Thanks for sharing!  For the most part they look good and usable.

This file is WAY too big (not sure which part it is):  Everything imported as mm scale.
PM3D_Sphereinder3D1

This wanted repaired and the repaired object was a disaster:
front_fitting4
[Image: attachment.php?aid=358]

Those are the only two that seem to be a big problem.  These want repaired (but 3D Builder seems to repair them fine):

Fixed back
skid_plate_01
skid_plate_04
UMesh_DRK_1_18
UMesh_DRK_1_19
UMesh_front_sphere12
UMesh_hoods6
UMesh_lower_sphere_back3
UMesh_lower_sphere_front6
UMesh_part_12
UMesh_part_13
UMesh_shield12
UMesh_upper sphere mount7
UMesh_upper_sphere_back4
UMesh_upper_sphere_front6

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's got a complete hood! I'm hoping to make an im series security droid and I needed that part...
And lower cowling!..
I may manage this if I learn how to use a 3d printer.

Okay... I may be drooling...
(10-25-2019, 08:48 AM)James-Rice Wrote: It's got a complete hood! I'm hoping to make an im series security droid and I needed that part...
And lower cowling!..
I may manage this if I learn how to use a 3d printer.

Okay... I may be drooling...

What's the im series?
http://www.rebeldroids.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=485

You're the one who posted on it, as it turns out
(10-25-2019, 09:44 AM)James-Rice Wrote: http://www.rebeldroids.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=485

You're the one who posted on it, as it turns out

I thought it rang a bell!   Smile  I almost asked if it was that one.  Forgot I'd posted pix of it last year!  I was keen to get pix of it in Japan.  It's like the DRK-1, but a "lazy" version Smile skids melted into the body or something.  And a Geordi face.