Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Force Awakens Teaser
Well?

Have you seen it?

If you haven't it's here:

The Force Awakens

I would love to hear what people think! (I'll let someone else go first, then I'll tell you what I think)
(11-28-2014, 08:49 AM)savagecreature Wrote: Well?

Have you seen it?

If you haven't it's here:

The Force Awakens

I would love to hear what people think! (I'll let someone else go first, then I'll tell you what I think)
You add a page for the beachball droid yet?
Man . . . really? No one had anything to say?

Well, to tell the truth, I was disappointed. Initially it almost looked fan made to me, but maybe that's simply something like it was shot digitally so it's lost that 'film' feel. (does anyone know? Was it shot on film?) I've read a bunch of other fan reactions on various sites and I wasn't the only one.
And what's with this guy? I don't love this design at all. It's like it's out of a cartoon. The dome makes it look like an astromech, but that sure wouldn't fit into the astromech slot on an X-wing. I really want to see it when it's not moving so I can see what the body looks like for real. We might just lay claim to him as a "non-astromech" 'cause my brain is already obsessed with how to build him. Wink

[Image: normal_ballDroid_01.jpg]

There were some really cool lookin' shots in there, though. Some first rate, state of the art CG stuff Big Grin

[Image: normal_speeder_01.jpg]

[Image: normal_X-wings_01.jpg]

And the very best:

[Image: normal_falcon_01.jpg]

It's kinda . . . difficult for me to accept the new radar dish. It's so small and square. It makes sense that they they'd replace the one that got torn off and that they'd replace it with a newer, more state of the art one. It'll just take some getting used to.
(11-28-2014, 09:23 PM)savagecreature Wrote: And what's with this guy? I don't love this design at all. It's like it's out of a cartoon. The dome makes it look like an astromech, but that sure wouldn't fit into the astromech slot on an X-wing. I really want to see it when it's not moving so I can see what the body looks like for real.
Here he's slowed down a little...
[Image: Hamster.jpg]
(since you haven't been perusing the yahoo group)
(11-28-2014, 09:23 PM)savagecreature Wrote: We might just lay claim to him as a "non-astromech" 'cause my brain is already obsessed with how to build him. Wink

Surely he's a non-astromech.

(11-28-2014, 09:23 PM)savagecreature Wrote: [Image: normal_speeder_01.jpg]
I thought the speeder was a bit overkill. What's in that thing? It's way more all-engine than need be? Like an early version of the bikes on Endor, 'cept this movie's later so I'm a bit confused by it.

(11-28-2014, 09:23 PM)savagecreature Wrote: It's kinda . . . difficult for me to accept the new radar dish. It's so small and square. It makes sense that they they'd replace the one that got torn off and that they'd replace it with a newer, more state of the art one. It'll just take some getting used to.
Me too... but clearly it's different now, so Lego will need a new $500 ($700?) falcon model...

I liked the X-Wing's flying right above the lake.
I just don't get that droid at all. Or that bike. Or wearing shorts in a desert (have you ever been in sand in shorts? It hurts!). Or the broadsword that sith is holding (SW meets the ren faire?). Or the funny nothing-inside X-wings. I'm praying they're putting more details into these scenes. I'm excited to see no lens flares, though. I think it'll be a good series. Great? Not from what I see in this "trailer", nope, not great, but will be fun. (I said that back in 1977. ANH was not great either, but way too much fun!)
"To do is to be" - Socrates
"To be is to do" - Plato
"Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra

http://r2-al.blogspot.com
No lens flares is a bonus! 'course maybe he plans to do those in post production Sad
(11-28-2014, 09:23 PM)savagecreature Wrote: Well, to tell the truth, I was disappointed. Initially it almost looked fan made to me, but maybe that's simply something like it was shot digitally so it's lost that 'film' feel. (does anyone know? Was it shot on film?)
J. J. Abrams loves to shot on real Film. Episode 7 was filmed completely with classic analog cameras and not digital.
I for myself enjoyed the Teaser very much but I am a huge J. J. Abrams Fan anyway Blush
For your geek pleasure:

[Image: 1606519_10104380858975428_9131621344469709532_o.jpg]
"To do is to be" - Socrates
"To be is to do" - Plato
"Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra

http://r2-al.blogspot.com
*lol*
That's somehow creepy! Wink
That's cool pix Smile Someone missed the "boot size" discussion (whether or not that's true). We should gather a collection of pix?

BTW: There's no "Beach Ball Droid" subforum! We should make one.