Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paul's Treadwell
I finally went through the files that Paul has shared with us. Cool stuff! Thanks Paul!

The images that we didn't have copies of already have been added to the reference gallery and the neck .stl has been added to 3D files
Thanks Savage Creature!
Bot Builder
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@PaulsBots
Reading through your build log, I see you upgraded from wood wheels to the rubber versions after the first outing? Can I ask what was the main reason?
Photo 
It has been a long time since I have been on the site. It is awesome to see others also building a Treadwell. 

I started a retrofit based on the found lenses in 2019. This allowed me to look into the newer screen shots available and the deleted scene of Treadwell and Luke from A new Hope. I am going to document the changes I made as well as the observations.

[img]<a data-flickr-embed=[/img][Image: 50879549326_aaa09666ed_c.jpg]" />

Here is the preview of how the droid looks today.
That's a fine lookin' Treadwell. One of the best I've seen, actually. Good enough that I was wondering if that was photo of the original.
Can't wait to see where this goes.
Thank you Savage!

I also answered the color question in Deathproof's build thread. Though quite a bit late.
Bot Builder
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@PaulsBots
The big changes were to the whole eye boxes. Finding the lenses on eBay made a world of difference.

[img]<a data-flickr-embed=[/img][Image: 51856391232_b5ebb841d0_c.jpg]" />

The inner most walls of the two eye boxes are parallel to each other and 90 degrees top lenses. The outer walls are angled to the back.

[img]<a data-flickr-embed=[/img][Image: 51857347321_e1dd37f130_c.jpg]" />

The neck was also redesigned to better match the ANH Droid. 

[img]<a data-flickr-embed=[/img][Image: 51858000820_a6b90f770c_w.jpg]" />  
[img]<a data-flickr-embed=[/img][Image: 51856390852_cf9f9da3c8_w.jpg]" />

[img]<a data-flickr-embed=[/img][Image: 51857676274_78a7b02212_w.jpg]" />

The next big change was more structural, I made an aluminum mast to replace the plastic one. And I swapped out the neck servo for a motor which again made it more screen accurate.

[img]<a data-flickr-embed=[/img][Image: 51857347696_fbf05af23d_w.jpg]" />

[img]<a data-flickr-embed=[/img][Image: 51857676219_50daefe94f_c.jpg]" />
Bad ass!! Now I really wanna build a Treadwell!
(must finish other droids first)
Howdy Paul,

Any idea on the weight of your Treadwell?

Can you tell us what motors you used ?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
Looking good. I really should get back to my Treadwell project. Got distracted by R2 work and then it got too cold/busy to do much.