Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paul's Treadwell
Was there anything particularly tricky about the build?
Hey Dagroid, yes my Treadwell was the one in front of the sandcrawler.
Bot Builder
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@PaulsBots
(05-27-2016, 06:37 PM)kresty Wrote: Was there anything particularly tricky about the build?

The plans are not totally complete, so that was tricky. For me, getting him moving was probably the hardest part.
(07-12-2016, 08:24 PM)Paul6700 Wrote: The plans are not totally complete, so that was tricky. For me, getting him moving was probably the hardest part.

Welp, since you have experience in the matter (having built one) you could help us fill in the gaps.  I would love to have the most complete Treadwell plans on the web here at rebeldroids.

Smile
(07-12-2016, 08:32 PM)savagecreature Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 08:24 PM)Paul6700 Wrote: The plans are not totally complete, so that was tricky. For me, getting him moving was probably the hardest part.

Welp, since you have experience in the matter (having built one) you could help us fill in the gaps.  I would love to have the most complete Treadwell plans on the web here at rebeldroids.

Smile

That is a great idea, let me go through my notes and see what I have. Also, I can send you the "Neck" STL file to post. PM me your email address and I can show you what I did and where I stopped because I could not figure out one angle.
Hey, Paul

Did the neck STL ever get sent to savagecreature? I couldn't find it in the 3d files section (or the main treadwell gallery), just the eye frame STLs and an image.
(09-15-2016, 05:25 PM)Dyne Wrote: Hey, Paul

Did the neck STL ever get sent to savagecreature?  I couldn't find it in the 3d files section (or the main treadwell gallery), just the eye frame STLs and an image.

actually, Dyne, Paul generously sent me more than 50 files on the treadwell. I just haven't had a chance to go through them and see what they all are, etc, before I post them, yet. Undecided  

I'll see if I can't get them all posted tomorrow or this weekend so everyone can see what's there.
(07-13-2016, 01:56 PM)Paul6700 Wrote: That is a great idea, let me go through my notes and see what I have. Also, I can send you the "Neck" STL file to post. PM me your email address and I can show you what I did and where I stopped because I could not figure out one angle.

We have a section for Treadwell on the wiki: http://www.rebeldroids.net/wiki/index.ph...=Treadwell - feel free to add notes/instructions/whatever you think would be helpful. I haven't quite figured out how to organized the details bits, so whatever seems good.
(09-15-2016, 08:30 PM)savagecreature Wrote: I'll see if I can't get them all posted tomorrow or this weekend so everyone can see what's there.

Sounds great, I look forward to seeing what there is. I'm not going for full screen accuracy like Paul's lovely build, but no sense duplicating effort and you never know what'll be useful.
(09-16-2016, 05:49 PM)Dyne Wrote: Sounds great, I look forward to seeing what there is.  I'm not going for full screen accuracy like Paul's lovely build, but no sense duplicating effort and you never know what'll be useful.
Sharing's what Rebeldroids is all about! We all make each other's builds better!