Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surgical Droid
(10-23-2019, 02:32 PM)kresty Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 11:22 AM)fleasome Wrote: Is there an STL for the head?  I didn't see it in the 3 shared folders.  I'd like the head for a bookshelf. Smile  Thanks

On Aug 13th he said he was going to work on it, I thought he had a head from somewhere so that was less important to him (but maybe I misinterpreted the posts).

It'd be "nice" for sure to have a model of the head as well.

Hi

I missed this post by the way. The Head has always been a plan but when there is a purchaseable high quality one out there, I want to make sure that the one I do is good quality. And thats been the hard part. My attempts haven't been that good so far and I want to share something that you will be happy with.

I have been pestering the Autodesk guys for help and finally got some good direction so I may be on the way again with this.

It may not look like much but its a lot better in shape and design than what I have done so far.

Sorry for taking so long. Usually I hit projects hard and fast and have results quick.

Regards

Ian
Hi

I don't know if you have all picked up, but I was asked to section the Medical Droid into smaller parts to print on 220x220x240 3d printers.

So far, I have done the Chest, Torso and Waist. I am in the process of looking at the arms and legs.

I was asked to adjust the Torso length so its a little shorter than originally.

Here is the link again to both sets of files for the larger printer and smaller printer:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvRwElqdJSG7ipVUvQCE...g?e=BWU0oa

Here are some pics of the sectioning:

Also, I am finally getting help on the Head from Autodesk, so that is moving along. Its highly likely to be done in the next few weeks. Well, I hope so.

Regards

Ian
Awesome stuff Smile
Hi

This picture was found of the original prop in the workshop.

With it, I am redesigning the legs to match:

As far as the lower knee is concerned that is open for new options.

Regards

Ian
Cool, added to the references http://www.rebeldroids.net/gallery/displ...p?pid=1970
Hi

Thanks for doing that.

That is a good picture to go on and has helped me tweak the legs.

I wonder if the original is on display anywhere.

Regards

Ian
(11-24-2019, 02:10 PM)Templar66 Wrote: I wonder if the original is on display anywhere.
I'd thought that's what the San Jose tech museum photos were... There are obvious differences from the prop shop photo though... Some of those could be errors in reconstruction or changes in the prop shop itself.
Hi

I agree, the legs differ quite alot.

I wonder if there was a change between movies or the original legs were changed out.

Regards

Ian
(11-28-2019, 01:59 AM)Templar66 Wrote: Hi

I agree, the legs differ quite alot.

I wonder if there was a change between movies or the original legs were changed out.

Regards

Ian

I wouldn't be surprised if it was thrown in a box in a corner and that involved unmounting it.  Then something like the legs would be easy to get lost/reassembled differently.
I heard a rumor that the original legs were lost, so they built new ones for the exhibit.