Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pit Droid Tinkerings
Well, in the spirit of not hijacking Savage's 3D modeling pit droid thread, and to pad our thread count Smile, I started a build thread for "my" 25% pit droid: http://www.rebeldroids.net/forum/showthr...626#pid626

Savage's model's turning out great!
Oh, FWIW, some things I noticed (not complaining, Savage wasn't ready to share)... The "thumbs" either aren't connected or have really thin connections. And same with the "toes".

Also, Savage's model is highly detailed with about a bajillion parts. So to give me these files, he shoved them all together, which means that there're parts in the parts (where they connect) and some bits print with more plastic than then "need" to (of course they're also stronger).

The detail is wonderful, and it prints amazingly well even at this small scale. Even the hoses on the arms print fine, I'm amazed. I think the 25% scale is a fun scale for a small model.
Ok, here's the printed one...  (Pit Droid, not Yuki the cat)

More complete log at http://rebeldroids.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=125

[Image: normal_WP_20150820_21_05_15_Pro.jpg]
Saw your pix on the forum, but missing context Smile What's new?
Sweet! How tall is a full scale pit droid?
(08-24-2015, 02:04 PM)Dagroid Wrote: Sweet!  How tall is a full scale pit droid?

right at 46 inches without the antennae. Just a little bit taller than an astromech. Smile
No wonder he was so big.  I was thinking smaller.
Showed the printed model to the Pac NW builders, they thought it was pretty cool.
Cool Smile I can't wait to get back to it and finish up those last little details
(09-22-2015, 08:57 PM)savagecreature Wrote: Cool Smile I can't wait to get back to it and finish up those last little details

Hey Savage,

Has there been any updates???? Have you made the files available yet?

Thanks man!

Cujo