Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to Build?
Hey everyone! Happy October.

A number of new forum members have said things along the lines of "looking for the next droid to build", which got me to thinking . . .  What droid is it that people want to build?
All of the droids on this forum that materials (plans, 3D files, etc) have been developed for have been at the direct request of someone. Are there particular droids that folks want to see plans for? Please make suggestions.
Wait, I thought you still hadn't released the pit droid plans? Smile I wonder if one could be made mobile.

Lara keeps wanting us to cross streams and make K-9. Solo set me back, so many different droids to ponder! We still need to finish the toolbox, get bb-8 moving, and fix the other three, so we haven't pondered much about others. Oh, and I have the DRK-1 and training remote non-lego ones to consider.

Oh, I know, I've been wanting to do the gatekeeper droid off & on. Bought some fake jewels to go in the eye even....
(10-17-2018, 03:24 PM)kresty Wrote: Wait, I thought you still hadn't released the pit droid plans?  Smile  I wonder if one could be made mobile.

Lara keeps wanting us to cross streams and make K-9.  Solo set me back, so many different droids to ponder!  We still need to finish the toolbox, get bb-8 moving, and fix the other three, so we haven't pondered much about others.  Oh, and I have the DRK-1 and training remote non-lego ones to consider.

Oh, I know, I've been wanting to do the gatekeeper droid off & on.  Bought some fake jewels to go in the eye even....

You were the one person I *wasn't* asking. I already did the DRK-1 for you. Tongue
(10-17-2018, 06:50 PM)savagecreature Wrote: You were the one person I *wasn't* asking. I already did the DRK-1 for you. Tongue

Smile  Now if I'd just build it.  Stupid tunnel in the way.
I'm new here, are the files for the drk-1 around? I kinda fancy making a im security droid and I'm weighing up scratchbuilding or not.
(10-23-2019, 02:42 PM)James-Rice Wrote: I'm new here, are the files for the drk-1 around? I kinda fancy making a im security droid and I'm weighing up scratchbuilding or not.

Savage?  My vote would be to post them and let folks iterate.  Otherwise there're the (worse) ones online.
Yeah, sure. I don't mind them getting out into the wild.
The only reason they hadn't yet was because kresty was giving me feedback on his build and I was trying to incorporate his suggestions/fix the mistakes he discovered.  I'll get 'em collected up.

Let's make a deal, though. If I throw these out there promise you'll give me feedback so I can make 'em better. I don't want a half-assed, lousy set of files out there with my name on them, if I can help it. Smile
Deal. I still feel bad that I haven't finished assembling the one I printed already Sad
(10-24-2019, 03:33 PM)kresty Wrote: Deal.  I still feel bad that I haven't finished assembling the one I printed already Sad

Okay, they're posted. Let's see what happens Smile

RIC920           P100           IT0
(10-24-2019, 04:03 PM)savagecreature Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 03:33 PM)kresty Wrote: Deal.  I still feel bad that I haven't finished assembling the one I printed already Sad

Okay, they're posted. Let's see what happens Smile

RIC920           P100           IT0

Cool, thanks!  I downloaded and drug them into 3D Builder - something(s) need repaired (it's thinking now).  There was a big part (as big as the whole thing) but I deleted it and am not sure what's missing (maybe an inner lens bit?)

Anyway, it looks good!