Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DragonCon 2018
Anybody in Atlanta this weekend? I'm here with Artie Deco. Assuming nothing breaks, I'll probably be hanging around in the Marriott with the Droid builders

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
unfortunately that's near the other end of the country from me, but have a great time on behalf of all of us !Smile
No worries, I knew many of us were on the left coast, so i would have been surprised if anyone had been there that hadn't already said so on one of the other forums.

It was a great con. I had Artie running around with the droids all weekend (at least when his drive gear wasn't malfunctioning), and he even snuck onto the Droid builders panel, no doubt to the confusion of many. But a surprising number of people did recognize who he was throughout the weekend (a vast improvement over when i took him as a static prop in 2016). There was also a princess Anne Droid at con with her own nonmotorized version, but I never came across them in costume.

Speaking of the Droid builders panel, Rebel Droids got a shout out in response to an audience question. I'm too exhausted to remember exactly what was asked though.

There were three BB-8s and I think five R2s, plus two MSEs. And my sphero BB-8, who was quite popular around his big brothers.

Ive a few things to redesign on Artie but I'll probably be ramping up work on Treadwell when I get home.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
thanks for the update. Sounds like it was cool event. It's awesome to know that people know we're out here and even occasionally mention us Smile