Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fullsize IG-88 build!
Hey guys

Now that my Pit Droid is done, its time to move over to a bigger build. I am currently working on a Full size 3D printed IG-88. For those who follow me on Facebook, already know a bit about it. But for those who are new to this, here are some details about the build. 

[Image: CkHTya8.png]

It will be fully 3D printed except for the hoses that run around the guy. I will be releasing 3 versjons of the IG-88. 

1) Static droid with fixed posing.
2) Articulated droid. 
3) Robotic arms and head. 

The robotic one will be available once i have printed out the droid. Since the droid will be modular, you can print the body, head and legs now, and swap out the arms and head module for easy transition. No need to print out a whole new droid, just for the updates. So for those who just want an static one you can build it now, and upgrade to the articulated one or robotic one later without having to print everything. 

[Image: oUWfrFV.png]

The droid is almost fully completed. I am currently making slices of the upper body so people who want to join in on the project can printing. Once the body is completed, i will work on the head rotation module so we can easily swap out the static head for a controlled one. Also the head will get an update for more accuracy and to install lighting. 

If you want to join in on the project you can do so on my Patreon page, were you will also find STL's to other projects. 

If you just want to watch other people build it, or join into the discussion on facebook i made a group.
IG-88 Builders / Biscuit Bad Boy 

And please like my facebook page Ranta Replicas.
(08-14-2018, 03:51 AM)ThisIsRanta Wrote: Hey guys

Now that my Pit Droid is done, its time to move over to a bigger build. I am currently working on a Full size 3D printed IG-88. For those who follow me on Facebook, already know a bit about it. But for those who are new to this, here are some details about the build. 

[Image: CkHTya8.png]

It will be fully 3D printed except for the hoses that run around the guy. I will be releasing 3 versjons of the IG-88. 

1) Static droid with fixed posing.
2) Articulated droid. 
3) Robotic arms and head. 

The robotic one will be available once i have printed out the droid. Since the droid will be modular, you can print the body, head and legs now, and swap out the arms and head module for easy transition. No need to print out a whole new droid, just for the updates. So for those who just want an static one you can build it now, and upgrade to the articulated one or robotic one later without having to print everything. 

[Image: oUWfrFV.png]

The droid is almost fully completed. I am currently making slices of the upper body so people who want to join in on the project can printing. Once the body is completed, i will work on the head rotation module so we can easily swap out the static head for a controlled one. Also the head will get an update for more accuracy and to install lighting. 

If you want to join in on the project you can do so on my Patreon page, were you will also find STL's to other projects. 

If you just want to watch other people build it, or join into the discussion on facebook i made a group.
IG-88 Builders / Biscuit Bad Boy 

And please like my facebook page Ranta Replicas.

Best of luck - looking forward to updates!