Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, what's happening with Astromech.net?
So, what's happening with Astromech.net? It's been down for almost a week now. Someone on FB mentioned that they're doing some kind of upgrade. Anyone have any more info?
I've been meaning to ask someone who knows more to post here, but . . I just keep forgetting.
They're down for repairs/upgrade and should be back next week, is what I heard last.

Aside from that, I don't know, 'cept that some things have been said on the yahoo group. I don't know what things, I just heard from other members, "Don't you read the yahoo group?" (I don't).
This is what Wayne posted on the Yahoo group on the 17th:

R2 Builders,
If you visit Astromech.net today, you will notice that we have temporarily
taken the site offline for some much needed upgrades. The site has been
running smoothly for more than 470 consecutive days, but between browser
issues, possible security concerns, and almost running out of server space,
the time to upgrade is now!

Over the next week or so, Chris James and the admin team will oversee the
site upgrades - the first major upgrades since the site relaunched in 2008!
This will include more server space, upgraded forum software, and other
tweaks to Astromech.net. With a new movie on the horizon, we are excited to
get the site ready for a new generation of Star Wars films. We appreciate
your patience throughout the process and will keep you updated as we
progress.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

wayne

A few members posted replies stating that rebeldroids.net was up and running for non-R2 fix, since we're all experiencing withdrawal symptoms without astromech.net. With Thanksgiving coming up I suspect the upgrades won't be completed until first week of December. Working in IT I can tell you that upgrades to servers and testing to make sure it all works takes enormous time. Continue working on your droids while the site admin continues working on the site upgrades. Thank you.
"To do is to be" - Socrates
"To be is to do" - Plato
"Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra

http://r2-al.blogspot.com
Thanks for the update! I know I've been jonesing for droid chat. I hope it's not down too long.

Also, it was great to hear that a person or two likes us here. Big Grin
I forgot to post this a couple days ago (helping a friend and her boyfriend move into a new condo), but......
Astromech.net is now UP!! Chat away. And while you're there check out the discussion on the hamster ball droid (can we call it that?).
"To do is to be" - Socrates
"To be is to do" - Plato
"Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra

http://r2-al.blogspot.com
(11-30-2014, 02:59 PM)lynellephi Wrote: I forgot to post this a couple days ago (helping a friend and her boyfriend move into a new condo), but......
Astromech.net is now UP!! Chat away. And while you're there check out the discussion on the hamster ball droid (can we call it that?).

Yes! Let's call it that!
And, like I said, until I hear "astromech" it's one of ours Wink

Good thing it's back up. I don't know that we could have handled all that spill over traffic for much longer. It was insane!
down again this morning? I'm getting a 404
(12-22-2014, 09:34 AM)savagecreature Wrote: down again this morning? I'm getting a 404
Back up now...