Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IT-0 small size build
Looking really good!

Love the real forceps.
Another weekend and little more progress. I took the bottom of a Monster can and bit of a plastic cup to make the cupped area the syringe comes out from.

[Image: 6tNoIwW.jpg]

Also added these guys to the top...

[Image: mcYhJRe.jpg]

I'm going to start working on electronics soon. Sound, red light, and the middle bit which I have no idea how I am going to do yet.
Sam
Houston Area Droid Builders
http://www.samuland.com

[Image: HADBLOGO100.gif]
I'm really liking pretty much every bit of this. Very inspiring!
Looking great! (I was supposed to be able to work on droids this weekend, but...)
Thanks everyone, I think I have a plan for the electronics. Going to use a proMini or Nano and some neopixel style leds. I can wire us the red led to blink and a string around the inner to make sirenstrobe effect. I'll also make some 3d printed frame thing to mount it all in the middle gap and to form a frame for the lenses.

Still need to figure out sound, these domes are not hollow. I probably should have planned a little better for that part.
Sam
Houston Area Droid Builders
http://www.samuland.com

[Image: HADBLOGO100.gif]
Photo 
So I rigged up a strip of neopixels and printed a circular frame to attach them to.

[Image: A7bXEIW.jpg]

Next I got an overhead light lens and cut some strips with the dremel(messy!!!)
3d printed some little corner guides to get the angles right.

[Image: 5TQUfQN.jpg]

[Image: dglRs5K.jpg]

... and this is why try, the lens is to close. I am reprinting the ring. I am backing the lens off by about 3 inches so the lights diffuse. I'll post an updated video later this weekend.

blinking lights are always so cool Smile
can't wait to see version 2
Cool! Very flashy!
As promised... so much better!!!!

that's really cool! Love it