Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Droids of Solo [Minor Spoilers]
[Image: normal_c26_t.jpg]
[Image: normal_p1_sze.jpg]
Still no L3-3T.
[Image: normal_j355.jpg]       [Image: normal_CC_4m.jpg]

I'm not sure how I feel about these, as this droid series was introduced in The Force Awakens, so they're sort of 'retro-added' to films happening much earlier in the time line. But . . I don't get to decide Smile  They're in the movie, right?
(06-08-2018, 06:34 AM)savagecreature Wrote:
[Image: normal_j355.jpg]       [Image: normal_CC_4m.jpg]

I'm not sure how I feel about these, as this droid series was introduced in The Force Awakens, so they're sort of 'retro-added' to films happening much earlier in the time line. But . . I don't get to decide Smile  They're in the movie, right?

What's with the names?  J3 & CC?  not close to the same series?  (Jess and ??? if the l33t usage continues)  At least they're not weird boxy things.
(06-03-2018, 01:12 PM)savagecreature Wrote:
[Image: normal_p1_sze.jpg]

Why would an "adminmech" need such squat and elephantine legs? Wouldn't administrative chores be more appropriate for a protocol droid or something? Or maybe he's literally a paper-pusher - with huge loads of paper? (But we haven't ever seen any paper?) Stores data cubes in his legs?
. . . and more . .

[Image: normal_MK5_L1.jpg]
. . . and even a couple more.

[Image: normal_GOUD_4.jpg]

I actually sorta like these two. Or at least I see some build potential in them. The GOUD-4 is an MSE, after a fashion, and I like that it's different.  It would be fun to build one, someday.
Too many droids, not enough Lego
I like P6B-LT2. Like an Astromech crossed with Treadwell, at least from the front. It's apparently an A-LT series droid. Wookieepedia has a 3/4 view from Star Wars: Commander (the original source, it seems), where the role is identified as a cleaner. But the actual P6B article (and apparently the Solo Official Guide) says astromech.

The GOUD-4 looks like an MSE with suitcases perched on its metaphorical shoulders
(10-09-2018, 08:04 AM)savagecreature Wrote: . . . and even a couple more.

[Image: normal_GOUD_4.jpg]

I actually sorta like these two. Or at least I see some build potential in them. The GOUD-4 is an MSE, after a fashion, and I like that it's different.  It would be fun to build one, someday.

Someone on the mouse forum mentioned doing a GOUD-4 build.  Seems like it shouldn't be too hard to make plans for (though I gather there aren't a lot of angled views of it).