Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C3PO 3d Printed?
Hi

I am just trying to find any work done on 3d printing C3PO parts.

There doesn't seem to be much around on the internet it seems, other than purchasing the STLs for around $300. Although they are great work, I would assume someone has done work somewhere on C3PO and has shared the work.

Any directions on finding some would be a great, as I would love to give this a try.

Kind Regards

Ian
I've seen a few builds on Facebook where people print them, but most folks seem to want to "sell" the models Sad I like it when folks share because then we can iterate, but whatever. It might be easier to find some of the parts rather than the whole droid? (I've seen more models for "just" heads).
Hi

I found two chaps who were doing work on C3PO, one wants $300USD and I am waiting to hear back from the other about just the head. That one appears to be $19USD.

It would be good if they shared.

Wish I had good specs as I would give it ago in fusion, but that's a bit beyond my skill set I think Smile

Kind Regards

Ian
Hi

Surpisingly I found this link from a youtube clip to this site that was origially selling the C3PO 1:1 files:

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models...b-comments

But it appears the files are now free, and downloadable.

They are to print a C3PO statue, but I imagine they could be modified to be made into a suit.

Here is the free download link on thingiverse:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2776877

I am very surprised.

Kind Regards

Ian
If you guys are willing to wait for Gordon Tarpley, he is creating accurate C3P0 3D print files that he will be released as a creative commons soon. no need to pay 300 bucks for inaccuracy save your money.
(09-16-2018, 10:49 AM)namgorf Wrote: If you guys are willing to wait for Gordon Tarpley, he is creating accurate C3P0 3D print files that he will be released as a creative commons soon. no need to pay 300 bucks for inaccuracy save your money.

Gordon has just released his neck bolts, and they are way off. The knurling around circumference is much too coarse . There are at least two more accurate neck bodies lots on thingiverse . So,I'm not too convinced he is going to release his best files for free.