Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shawn & Lara need a Toolbox... Droid?
After the con.... We're toying with the idea of taking him to Celebration London, but we'd have to get it in the overhead.  I'm not sure how practical that is.  Specifically, we don't really have a good provision for getting the "box" off of the "base".

After the con, I'm looking at new batteries for all the droids, probably leaning towards Ryobi 18V batteries (we have a bunch anyway).  The Pololu SMC can handle 18V, so I just need to make sure the step-down for the 5V can.  We're using 30:1 Pololu 12V 37D motors.  Pololu mentioned on the forum that I can "just" run them at 67% to keep the average voltage at safe levels.  So, I guess I'll try setting the upper limit to 67%.

I also think we have the power budget to leave the LEDs on.  We already have a wire going up to the top, so I plan to add a DC stepdown in the tool area to handle the 5V for the LEDs.

I guess getting the door to open is on hold for a while.

The black blocks holding the aluminum rails are held to the middle by one bolt each. But we slid a piece of plywood between the aluminum bits, so there's no real way to pull those bolts out right now. That's why the top is "stuck" and can't be easily removed.

[Image: normal_Toolbox_Droid_Drivetrain.jpg]
Lego Toolbox Droid Top Platform Construction
One of the tracks is on, mostly assembled.

Messages In This Thread
Shawn & Lara need a Toolbox... Droid? - by kresty - 03-15-2018, 05:50 PM
Shawn & Lara need a Toolbox... Droid? - by Dyne - 09-28-2019, 07:18 AM
RE: Shawn & Lara need a Toolbox... Droid? - by kresty - 03-07-2023, 07:18 PM