Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shawn & Lara need a Toolbox... Droid?
Then I worked on the electronics - extremely simple at this point, stole the remote from L3-G0 and paired a spare receiver to that.  Uses the tank drive outputs from L3-G0's program to turn the motor controllers.

Rx -> Motor Controllers.  Battery -> Fuse & Ground Buss -> Motor Controllers.  Very trivial.  It'd probably be a really, really good idea to add an on/off switch though!

[Image: normal_New_Toolbox_Droid_Frame_28629.jpg]

Note I printed a little "spare fuse holder" - of course it has slots I'm not using anyway, but I wanted a fuse holder for the other droids.  Keep needing a spare fuse in L3-G0 and not having one easy to find.

[Image: normal_New_Toolbox_Droid_Frame_28329.jpg]

I don't expect it to run very fast, so I set the limit on the Pololu controllers a little low.  We'll see how it does when it's happy.

One problem was that I managed to install the one motor controller such that it couldn't plug in the USB cable without loosening the screws holding down the board Sad  Hopefully I don't have to program it much.

Shot a quick video proving that the electronics all work, making sure the motors turn the direction I want them to.  As you could see from earlier posts, a chain drive will turn the actual drive wheels that turn the tracks.

Messages In This Thread
Shawn & Lara need a Toolbox... Droid? - by kresty - 03-15-2018, 05:50 PM
RE: Shawn & Lara need a Toolbox... Droid? - by kresty - 07-23-2018, 10:51 PM
Shawn & Lara need a Toolbox... Droid? - by Dyne - 09-28-2019, 07:18 AM