Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know what the oil cans are?
(03-20-2017, 05:12 AM)LeeTee Wrote: The bits and pieces on top of the toolbox droid and mounted inside the drop down door were supplied by Props so were nothing to do with me so I have no source information on any of those items I'm afraid.

Lee Towersey

I'd suspected that might be the case Smile
(03-19-2017, 11:51 AM)Lichtbringer Wrote: I can get you one or more from Amazon.de

But due to parcel size shipping them over the pond would not be cheap.

The more interesting thing is the size.  If you happen to see one in an automotive shop one day, the distance between the 0,5L - 2L marks (or other obvious height measurements) would be interesting.  From this photo it should them be pretty simple to get close with the droids dimensions.

[Image: normal_toolbox_05.jpg]
Well, Pressol's website says its 290mm tall, and the base is 230mmx105mm... That height would be without spout, not sure if it includes the cap or not. (The units sold without spouts have the same dimensions)

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but from the one on top that seems like the droid itself would be about 73-74cm tall, and from the one by the side around 66cm tall. The photo with the person seems taller, so the low 70's seems more likely to me.

The base length seems larger than I'd expect looking at its proportions. They describe it as "base", but maybe it includes the part going out to the spout?
Hmm, looks like Allied Electronics sells that 2L Pressol Jug in the US - not great price, but not terrible - I should have it by the time we get back from Mexico.
So I ordered them whenever, and working on the index last night I kept seeing references to the oil cans and realized I don't have them. So I sent an email @ midnight or whatever to Allied. This morning there was a ship notification (timestamp 4AM) from Allied. Coinkidink?
(04-13-2017, 08:09 AM)kresty Wrote: So I ordered them whenever, and working on the index last night I kept seeing references to the oil cans and realized I don't have them.  So I sent an email @ midnight or whatever to Allied.  This morning there was a ship notification (timestamp 4AM) from Allied.  Coinkidink?

Well, the squeaky wheel gets the ... oil cans?
I have a tracking number...
It's here!  Dunno what I expected but seems smaller (I should've known better, I was imagining more like a gallon, but I know how big 2L is!)

Now Lara's going to have to paint it...
So.... Lara & I painted spots all over the can and then I took way too many photos of it...

[Image: normal_All_Together_032_281920x128029.jpg]
"Oil Can" Picture for Photogrammetry
One of a lot of pix Kresty took so Savage could make a model.

And Savage had his computer crunch a bunch of numbers.

[Image: normal_Capture.JPG]
Draft 3D "Oil Can"
Savage's working on 3D Scans of the oil can.

Looks pretty good to me for a rough start.