Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lumpy's MSE Droid Build (Laser Cut)
I keep being envious of all those boxes on your workshelf in the background Smile What laser do you have?
(01-21-2018, 06:06 PM)kresty Wrote: I keep being envious of all those boxes on your workshelf in the background Smile  What laser do you have?

I have a Chinese K40 (35w)at home and a Trotec Speedy 100 (60w) at work.

I work as a Makerspace Tech teaching students/staff how to use 3D printers/Laser/Electronics at our 
local College.
(01-21-2018, 07:13 PM)Lumpy Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 06:06 PM)kresty Wrote: I keep being envious of all those boxes on your workshelf in the background Smile  What laser do you have?

I have a Chinese K40 (35w)at home and a Trotec Speedy 100 (60w) at work.

I work as a Makerspace Tech teaching students/staff how to use 3D printers/Laser/Electronics at our 
local College.
That's cool.  We have a couple in our maker garage at work that I have access to, they get lots of use, so sometimes the lenses get dirty and stuff.

Some folks there also do projects that astound me.  Topographic maps that are pretty cool with layers for elevations, etc.
Mouse droid #2 98% built in one evening.

Just have to finish the inner frame and bond top/bottom shells.

Gonna get a Traxxas Bandit on order when funds are available.

Cool!
Fired off some side panels and daughter boards (not shown). Not spending $35 on two PCB  boards that are only getting painted black. ;-)

Also made some heat sinks today.

Yes I know they are not 100% to spec but I just don't care. lol

[Image: CRsEWCR.jpg]

[Image: urQgb4w.jpg]

[Image: 0FoPqab.jpg]
Oooo, Ahhh, that looks really cool in wood Smile Gonna make wooden chips too?
(01-23-2018, 04:21 PM)kresty Wrote: Oooo, Ahhh, that looks really cool in wood Smile  Gonna make wooden chips too?
My 3D printed sockets and IC's was a bust.

You know that's not a bad idea. I could engrave the notch and pins then cut out. Then cut a "socket" piece 
for underneath and stack them.

It's all getting painted black anyways.

I''ll do a test run.
I looked up chips on aliexpress FWIW: http://www.rebeldroids.net/forum/showthr...49#pid3149 That'd take a while to get here though.  There might be cheaper - but wood could be fun.

AFAICT there isn't much "canonical" about the sides (or top).  Oliver & Lee's ones for the new movies seem much different than the old one.  I even saw a pix of one of sides of one of Lee's where the chips clearly spelled "LT" (Lee Towersey) - though I didn't see that on screen.  They seem "evolved" from the originals.

Otherwise, the ones used as references (the restaurant displays) have been talked about as not really being screen used.

I was surprised that boosting the contrast got a little detail from the ANH droid:

[Image: normal_Mouse_Side_ANH.png]
MSE-6 Left Side ANH
Left side of the MSE-6 Mouse Droid in Star Wars A New Hope

(I was also surprised by how dirty the edge of the floors were.  Dunno what the Empire's coming to, but if we'd missed a swath like that buffing the floor, our drill sergeant's would've had us doing pushups  'til the end of time).
My version of side panels and daughter boards.

Side panels and chips are laser cut. Only bought the chip sockets.

Daughter boards are laser cut. I made the big resistors out of bamboo skewers.

Mouse droids are coming along.

Luke and R2 approve![Image: 2677ea6e514aa1d1a3cb8af483ac5a48.jpg][Image: ca0aa26b1867e6a04fa06fd883bf46aa.jpg][Image: e4800954b732cec22bf83d12456bc91b.jpg][Image: dd20a03968ad4063c11398f9b5ee38ef.jpg][Image: bf961389455cc27b386d5f4c89e8ee8a.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

-= Lumpy =-

Red-Deer R2-D2