Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Long Beach, CA
Hi, I am Ross from Long Beach, CA, USA

Droids I would like to build, not necessarily in order:
• H015 Sentry droid (remote controlled with sound effects)
• Fusion Generator (functioning)
• Mouse droid (remote controlled with sound effects)

I am also currently working on an R2-Q2 astromech in which I'd love to have a fusion generator for and a mouse droid companion. I am a structural design engineer for a major aerospace company. So, building the structure and mechanism for a droid is second nature, but the electronics ... um. But, that's the fun of this world. There's always something new to learn. I have programming experience in BASIC, FORTRAN and C++ but never programmed an Arduino. I'm looking forward to debugging code :-P.

Star Wars has been a big part of my life ever since I saw "Star Wars" in 1977. I've started building my R2 a little over a year ago and have about another 6 months to go.

Thank you for including me in this forum
Welcome!

Wow, a functioning Fusion reactor, you're gonna get a Nobel for that! ;-) Thanks to Savage, the Fusion Generator plans seem pretty good.
Hahaha. Creating a real fusion drive would be nice. At the R2LA this past Oct, someone had a fusion generator with a battery charger built into it to charge his astromech. It lit up and looked great.
FWIW: I really like how the orange Phillips LED light that Valor found works in the fusion reactor. I'd planned on programmable LEDs, but that was way easier.