Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul's MSE-6
(12-01-2014, 03:06 AM)Paul6700 Wrote: Actually as a kid I often wondered why the batteries wouldn't last longer on my toys. As an adult I just figured out you just need a bigger battery. Most of the space is taken up by the 5amh SLA battery and the amp. The rest is fuse block, receiver, ESC, voltage display, Bluetooth reciever and relay.

Can you give us a run down of the parts and numbers so others builders know what to buy. And a wiring diagram would also help future builders.
Marasaki, there are lots of ways to do it. For traditional R/C setups there are tons of R/C sites with info. I'd like to get a general robotics section on the wiki so people can adapt techniques for their various droids.

We ended up using a Pololu simple motor controller instead of an ESC, for some reason ESC's are more expensive. The pololu also can read voltages. Our Arduino ping's it and if it drops too low the droid says "Exterminate" and blinks SOS in red LEDs. They also read a 2nd channel, which we use for controlling the floor lights.

Paul, what're you using to trigger sound?
Im interested in how Paul set his up and if possible a list of parts and a wiring diagram ..