Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RX-24 “Captain Rex”, eh?
So a birdie tells me someone wants to do a Star Tours droid, eh?  Has someone done one before?
I've seen builds of Rex in the past. I guess now that Disney owns the Star Wars universe that makes him a lot more canon, huh?
Smile
Hey, I think that was me in my application to join the forum! I’m a member over at theRPF and there’s a guy there that did some awesome work modeling up Rex in great detail in 3D. I was really hoping to get some guidance on a build of my own from some expert droid builders (ie, sourcing parts, build ideas, logs, reference photos...). I’ve done lightsabers and macros and other props but never a full droid before so I’m really looking forward to the challenge!
In my experience there’s no such thing as luck.
Welcome to the group, Red! We'll be happy to do anything we can to help out. I think Rex could be a very interesting build. What sort of functionality did you have in mind? Does he need to move or talk, or where you thinking static? Is the RPF member sharing files, or will you need new 3D files for your build? (this is gonna be fun)
(06-09-2018, 08:09 AM)savagecreature Wrote: Welcome to the group, Red!  We'll be happy to do anything we can to help out. I think Rex could be a very interesting build. What sort of functionality did you have in mind? Does he need to move or talk, or where you thinking static? Is the RPF member sharing files, or will you need new 3D files for your build? (this is gonna be fun)

Thanks, Savage!  Not sure on functionality at this point. Real movement, lights and sound would be amazing but will have to see what my ability level is for all that.

I’ll certainly reach out to the guys at theRPF and see if they’d be up for sharing the modeling and their findings (they discovered a few “used parts” on Rex) to help move us along.

Star Tours was, honestly, my first introduction to Star Wars back in 1989 when my parents took me to Disney World, so figure this would be a good homage project.