Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DRK-1 Probe Droid
(10-30-2017, 06:53 AM)deathproof Wrote: More help in figuring out scale?

https://electrifiedporcupine.com/2017/07...lectibles/

Interesting, I know how to multiply by 6!  Anyone have these? - Funny that SW doesn't even know it's name.
(10-30-2017, 03:16 AM)FoxFX Wrote: I would love the 3D file once it’s released.    But, I would like to make it the old fashioned way as well. It’s always easy to print things and wait for files to become available. I still think everyone should have a crack at constructing items.   In the coming years, we are going to be watching a generation just waiting for files to print.

That should be interesting (the old fashioned way), since the digital model has fun curves on the hood/skids.  It'd be interesting to see what you come up with!
Change of plan, as Kresty mentioned, doing this the old fashioned way isn’t going to work. So my next step is buying the 1:6 scale model and pulling it apart and getting it professionally scanned and then working off these files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Savage has the model... and he's pretty close to having a decent 3D model as well. So we just need to nag him a little Smile
Okay. My next step is to nag Savage

I’m not sure what to build now - LOL I have pulled my 1:6 Imperial Probe Droid apart ready to be scanned.

I had promised myself that I wasn't going to post any images before the files were ready for release to prevent the inevitable impatience it engenders in the folks waiting for me to finish, but . . . . what the hell.

It's getting closer to complete.  This is last image kresty got:

[Image: normal_DRK_1_05.PNG]

And this is an approximation of how some of the parts go together. (assembly has yet to be finalized)

[Image: normal_DRK_1_06.PNG]

I promise, more updates very soon.
We can figure out how to put it together Smile You don't have to do EVERYTHING!

It's looking really good.
(11-18-2017, 02:09 PM)FoxFX Wrote: I’m not sure what to build now - LOL  I have pulled my 1:6 Imperial Probe Droid apart ready to be scanned.

The probe droid has been on my list for a long time. I've got a few pieces here and there that I've started and I've collected all the reference I could find. Any images of scans that you're willing to share I'd be grateful Big Grin
No problems. I wept for a week pulling the Sideshow 1:6 Scale Model to every single piece. That damn thing cost me a lot here in Australia - lol. I have been watching a guy on the RPF build his, pretty amazing. But highly doubtful he will share any files. After they are scanned I’ll share in some closed groups. I would eventually like to make some kits for this bad boy.