Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DRK-1 Probe Droid
(06-08-2018, 06:41 AM)savagecreature Wrote: kresty said it better   Smile

I dunno, you included a picture, which helped a lot.  I guess I was typing it when you replied 'cause I didn't even see yours until now!
I was just expecting something smaller for the central sphere.

P.S.: Sorry about the sudden radio silence. I started printing the front body piece, and started having issues I'd never seen before. It took 3 days of diagnosing the problem to figure out that my heatsink cooling fan had died, and heat creep was causing filament in my PTFE tube to melt, and then solidify, causing jams even though my calibration prints were printing fine. The replacement parts showed up yesterday, but I'm not going to have a chance to install them until some time next week, and then I'm going to have to re-level.
Ack, I hate it when that happens.  I don't have a cooling fan, and it was hit-or-miss at first to figure out what temps caused the filament to mess up my PTFE tube - (I bought a bunch of extra tube from China the right diameter so now when I screw it up I can just chop off a new bit - my tube is removable, I think it's a 3mm extruder retrofitted (by adding a tube) to 1.75).

Anyway, hope it works.  Note that Savage's original front body piece has a rounded edge, making it hard to print.  (I just got it started today).

You might look at recent files I've added, that lip might be flatter and be a better start for the hemisphere.
Ugh! I really hate that! I've got a whole pile of 3D printers, and I'm always shocked (and often irritated) by how few of them are working at any given time. It's obviously not a fully refined technology, yet. Good luck. I hope it all goes together smoothly.