Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Even More Droids!
what about these little guys down in the lower left corner? What're they? I would love to get a better look at them

[Image: normal_spaceport_01b.jpg]

they look a little bit like they might be the guy I use as my avatar, but they look a little different to me, somehow. I haven't been able to find them elsewhere, yet. I'll keep diggin'.
(05-27-2015, 08:24 PM)savagecreature Wrote: what about these little guys down in the lower left corner? What're they? I would love to get a better look at them

[Image: normal_spaceport_01b.jpg]

they look a little bit like they might be the guy I use as my avatar, but they look a little different to me, somehow. I haven't been able to find them elsewhere, yet. I'll keep diggin'.

Easy for the CG guys to throw in more droids...
well, since Kresty mentioned them, I guess we can't leave them out

[Image: normal_spaceport_03a.jpg]

And here's a better view since we can't really see them there:

[Image: normal_FA-4_pilot_negtd.jpg]

and now that I look at him I'm sure that this is the one piloting Count Dooku's shuttle in the previous post.
Cool, you know how to dredge them up!
Been a while since I added one of these so I figured it was about time.

This post's topic; SP-4 Analysis Droid

[Image: SP-4_analysis.jpg]

I go back and forth about this guy. Depending on the day you catch me on.  Some days I love the design, others I think it's far too steam punk to fit into the Star Wars universe. I guess it also depends on the image. Some of them don't even look like they're the same droid.  I guess part of it is also that I don't care for the design of his legs, much. They seem clunky and unlikely.

[Image: normal_SP-4_front.jpg]

There's a been a toy set released, this guy and his lab partner JN-66, which is pretty cool. It might serve as good filler reference for the areas of the droid that we can't find good images for.
There be more droids than I ever knew...
When I set out today to do another post in this thread I actually started out with a completely different droid in mind. However as I poured over my references and searched the web I found myself drawn away from my chosen course and researching the WA-7 service droid instead. Guess the other droid will have to wait for another day. Smile   (we need a smiling droid emoticon)

WA-7 was first seen in Dex's dinner on Coruscant when Obi Wan goes to visit Dex. Her appearance is fairly short, but she's not as obscure as many (or all) the droids I've put in this thread previously.   I also try to feature droids that can reasonably be built; that is to say not a lot of flying or impossibly balancing droids.  In this case I just couldn't help myself.

[Image: normal_dinerDroid2.JPG]

Flo's got a lot of Googie (no, it's not a typo. Googie, not google) or Populuxe in her look. She looks like she could be at home in a Jetsons episode. Somehow it still worked for me and I didn't think she looked out of place in the film. (this image is actually from the Clone Wars animated series)

[Image: normal_Marwigo-Brothers.png]

There were a number of single wheeled, balancing robots in the prequels. The technology to build such things has gotten considerably better for us in the real world, however, I think Flo's little, tiny wheel would make her a bit more than simply challenging to reproduce as a working version.  Though I can't help but keep thinking about how it might be done.

[Image: normal_Flo.jpg][Image: normal_WA-7-2_negtd.jpg]

Hasbro has released a fairly respectable toy of WA-7, another resource when you can't find what you're looking for in the available images.  
Jesus, think if I win lotto Im going to start a droid company ... so many I would love to make ...
(10-20-2015, 05:39 PM)Murasaki Wrote: Jesus, think if I win lotto Im going to start a droid company ... so many I would love to make ...

Oh! I forgot the win the lotto part!  I was wondering why my droid company wasn't working as well as I wanted.

That's okay, though. I'll keep building 'em anyway.
Starting companies in Japan and being non-Japanese you need a hell of a lot of money ... only way I could start a company here is by wining Loto to have the money to back myself up.

The rules here is if not Japanese you cannot own property e.g. family home, you cannot run a company unless you have security in the form of a lot of cash.