Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Droids of Solo [Minor Spoilers]
I'm contemplating an MSE (probably -4 not -6 for space reasons) before Dragon Con this year, since I want a proper Star Wars build and have made exactly no progress on Treadwell due to life chaos.  However I've considered doing the GOUD-4 instead.  I'm just not sure I want to go for less iconic when the explicit secondary goal is to make something that's less likely to make people ask me "what's that" than Artie Deco.

Since the undersides look very similar, I suppose you could do it as an alternate upper shell.
Smile Yea, that's always interesting - fun when someone *does* know your esoteric droid though!
(04-06-2019, 04:59 PM)kresty Wrote: Smile Yea, that's always interesting - fun when someone *does* know your esoteric droid though!

That's true. I was very happy that three people recognized Artie two weeks ago at LCTC. A couple did at Dragon Con as well.
Goud 4 is a lot more interesting than the classic MSE. I agree that it's unlikely anyone will recognize it, but in truth most people only have a vague idea what any droid that isn't R2 or 3P0 is.
Just re-started building a GOUD-4 droid.
Blog link: https://goud4mousedroid.blogspot.com/202...n.html?m=1

It will be mostly wood built, not the RC part lol. Have been doing some 3D designing and printing of the front panel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
R5-D4 UK Builder club member.

My R5D4 Astromech Droid
(03-03-2021, 11:51 AM)Jaffa007 Wrote: Just re-started building a GOUD-4 droid.
Blog link: https://goud4mousedroid.blogspot.com/202...n.html?m=1

It will be mostly wood built, not the RC part lol. Have been doing some 3D designing and printing of the front panel

Cool!  I'm sure folks will love to see how it goes!
Will be updating progress soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
R5-D4 UK Builder club member.

My R5D4 Astromech Droid