Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Many Faces of Treadwell
(07-07-2016, 09:10 PM)Conqueror_Worm Wrote: It has the head and treads of a Treadwell, but the body is more taller, more boxy/wedge shaped.  I don't think I've seen a Treadwell with light up eyes either.

327-T from the Clone Wars series has light-up eyes, but obviously that droid was CG.  (On the other hand, still canon.)

[Image: nJQPxCy.png]

Personally, I think 327-T needs a new model number, as he doesn't quite have the same design or proportions as a WED-15 (to be honest he looks like a slightly less flimsy design), and he has those shoulder pieces.  But this is Clone Wars, we have to allow for the stylized art.
(09-11-2016, 09:30 PM)Dyne Wrote: Personally, I think 327-T needs a new model number, as he doesn't quite have the same design or proportions as a WED-15 (to be honest he looks like a slightly less flimsy design), and he has those shoulder pieces.  But this is Clone Wars, we have to allow for the stylized art.

Fatter so it'd be easier to see when rendered?
(09-12-2016, 08:48 AM)kresty Wrote:
(09-11-2016, 09:30 PM)Dyne Wrote: Personally, I think 327-T needs a new model number, as he doesn't quite have the same design or proportions as a WED-15 (to be honest he looks like a slightly less flimsy design), and he has those shoulder pieces.  But this is Clone Wars, we have to allow for the stylized art.

Fatter so it'd be easier to see when rendered?

Maybe, but I was thinking more of the simplification in the head and of the more anthropomorphic elements of his design, like the existence of the shoulders, and the arms being aligned.
(09-02-2015, 06:31 AM)savagecreature Wrote: I've posted the plans from the Yahoo Treadwell group to our files section.  I don't usually like to just up and move stuff from another group to ours like that, but there hasn't been any activity on the Treadwell group in over year. 

You can find them here:

Treadwell Plans

and check out Paul6700's treadwell build thread if you haven't already. It's awesome.

Paul6700's Treadwell

I hope these help and I'm really looking forward to following your build. We all hope you post a lot of pictures!

These are awesome.  Have you seen any details on the multi-armed treadwell?  I’m thinking some slight variations would get it.  I’m assuming the multi-armed types are the same size.  

Any ideas on what they had at the end of the arms?  Most end effectors look like claws/grippers, one looks like a scoop, but some others look very different.

Has anyone from the mountain state droid group ever written up a build of their multi-armed treadwells?
Quote:These are awesome.  Have you seen any details on the multi-armed treadwell?  I’m thinking some slight variations would get it.  I’m assuming the multi-armed types are the same size.  

Any ideas on what they had at the end of the arms?  Most end effectors look like claws/grippers, one looks like a scoop, but some others look very different.

Has anyone from the mountain state droid group ever written up a build of their multi-armed treadwells?

I have seen some. I spend a lot of time looking at droids, though, so the specific what's or where's I often forget.

Now that we know what you're looking for, though, I'm sure people will start looking around and collect up what they can find.  Which multi-armed one did you mean, specifically?
(08-28-2020, 01:56 PM)savagecreature Wrote:
Quote:These are awesome.  Have you seen any details on the multi-armed treadwell?  I’m thinking some slight variations would get it.  I’m assuming the multi-armed types are the same size.  

I have seen some. I spend a lot of time looking at droids, though, so the specific what's or where's I often forget.

Now that we know what you're looking for, though, I'm sure people will start looking around and collect up what they can find.  Which multi-armed one did you mean, specifically?

Builds based on one of these, mainly. 

[Image: latest?cb=20071121095131&path-prefix=nl]
Spider Treadwell Smile (I don't know what folks call it, but all those arms always remind me of a spider).
Yeah, that’s the one.  Has anyone ever built one and shared lessons learned?

It seems like details might have once existed at Mountain State Droid Builders or a Yahoo Group on Treadwell, but these webpages are both defunct now and Internet Archive didn't save their forums.