Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween costume - Tusken Raider
Not a droid, but I thought I'd try a Tusken Raider costume for Halloween. Got the Gaffi Stick ordered from Disney and a leather bandolier on order as well.

Found a great web site that shows how to make the costume from scratch:

http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/tus.../main.html

So planning on picking up some of the parts tomorrow.

In the meantime, now that my roommate has moved out, I finally have the space to get back to work on my WED treadwell droid. Probably won't have him done in time for Halloween, though.

And a friend of mine gave me some sheets of plexiglass I'm going to try to use for the 2X7KPR droid. My only question is: what did they use for its head? It looks smaller than a regular R2 dome.

[Image: mgf9pB.jpg]
100% death proof

[Image: qBQpDd.jpg]
(10-07-2017, 04:37 AM)deathproof Wrote: Not a droid, but I thought I'd try a Tusken Raider costume for Halloween. Got the Gaffi Stick ordered from Disney and a leather bandolier on order as well.

Found a great web site that shows how to make the costume from scratch:

http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/tus.../main.html

So planning on picking up some of the parts tomorrow.

In the meantime, now that my roommate has moved out, I finally have the space to get back to work on my WED treadwell droid. Probably won't have him done in time for Halloween, though.

And a friend of mine gave me some sheets of plexiglass I'm going to try to use for the 2X7KPR droid. My only question is: what did they use for its head? It looks smaller than a regular R2 dome.

[Image: mgf9pB.jpg]

Whoo! tusken raiders!!   

That's what I went as for Halloween in 1977. I kid you not.  I had two photos of it. One that I had gotten out of a magazine and the other was in the photo inserts in the middle of the novelization.   I carried the novel with me in my back pocket so when people  asked, "And who are you supposed to be?" when they saw my costume I could show them the photo in the middle of a star wars book. 

The head was made of plaster and the eye tubes were toilet paper tubes. Was still a good costume, though, and I won both contests I entered that year.

As far as the droid dome goes, I think it's going to be awfully hard to come up with even a decent guess as there are so few images of this droid.  I think this is a case of "go with what you think works for you"  and no one else will ever know the difference. Only us hard core fans will even know that this particular droid was even in the films.
Cool
love it
Don't think I'll have time to make it. Got the Gaffi stick, bandolier and waiting on a mask kit to arrive in the mail, but 2 weeks before Halloween - probably not going to happen. Partially due to lack of time and partially to budget constraints.

So my backup is Marty McFly - have an orange vest on order. Then just need the mirrored sunglasses (10 bucks in any drug store) and I have several pieces of plexiglass a friend gave me. Most of it will be for the 2X7KPR'a base but the remainder I should be able to cut and paint into a Hoverboard.

Have to save the Tusken Raider for next year. God damn this having to get a new apartment.