Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow, this is quite a few robots!
Stumbled across this picture - Ok, so they're a lot more than star wars!

[Image: normal_Droids.jpeg]
Heh, yeah.  

I recognized T-Bob from MASK, Vincent and Max from the Black Hole, Bender from Futurama, Wheelie from Transformers, a Tachikoma from Ghost in the Shell, Cylons from both Battlestar Galacticas along with Muffit, Rosie from the Jetsons, Maria from Metropolis, B-9 from Lost in Space (both), that thing from Nauusica, DRDs from Farscape (don't see 1812), I Robot, a Sentinel from the Matrix, Marvin from Hitchhikers's Guide (both), Tin woodsman and Tiktok from Oz, robot Bill & Ted, Bubo from Clash of the Titans, Kryton and Twiki w/ Dr. Theopolis from Buck Rogers, Robbie from Forbidden Planet, NOMAD from TOS Trek, Herbie from the Fantastic Four cartoon, the drones from Silent Running, Weebo from Flubber (though I couldn't remember her name; I never saw the movie, only a Tested video with Adam Savage), ED-209, Gort from The Day the Earth Stood Still, the ape thingy from Robot Monster, Hector from Saturn 3 (though I couldn't remember the precise name/title right away), and too many things from Doctor Who.  

And yes, Wall-E (and Eve).

Edit: After I hit submit I spotted Atlas from Portal 2, The Terminator, Johnny 5, Dot from Spaceballs, a Battle Droid, a robot from Batteries Not Included, and Sherman from Millenium.  R2-D2 is too obvious to mention, he was literally the first thing I looked at. Smile

I pretty much had to stop looking or I'd start chasing down those that I vaguely knew but couldn't immediately place, and I'd be here all night.  I'm a bit surprised that I haven't seen the Venus probe from Six Million Dollar Man or characters from Heartbeeps  (nevermind, Phil's there too) lurking in here.
I was going to list the ones I got, too, but they're pretty much the ones that Dyne did so I won't.
The silver ice robot from Logan's Run. (did Dyne get that one?) The Machinemensch from Metropolis. At least one of the discarded robots from A.I. Artificial Intelligence, the robot from Wizards, Tin man from the Wizard of Oz, Alpha 5 from power rangers . . . (I hope I'm not repeating any)

Fun image!

I, of course, was searching for robots that I had done at one point or another and was disappointed by the absence of Ultron. I didn't seem him in there. The others seem to be appropriately represented. Big Grin
I got Oz and Metropolis. I missed the others you mentioned, as I've never seen A.I. or Wizards, and actively avoided Power Rangers. I should've gotten Logan's Run but didn't (it's been too long since I've watched it)
Apparently there're more: http://www.earthlymission.com/wheres-wall-e/
Man, I consider myself pretty well-versed in movies and pop culture and I don't recognize a third of those.
(09-26-2017, 06:51 PM)deathproof Wrote: Man, I consider myself pretty well-versed in movies and pop culture and I don't recognize a third of those.

That's sort of how I felt.  I mean I was surprised how many there were that I recognized, but then there are so many more too!