Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Full Blueprints
Photo 
Hello, and thanks for the add.

I am about to start documenting the Treadwell droid for a complete build and will begin putting together drawings and blueprints for the various parts.

I've gone through the site, and requested to join the Yahoo! group to get as much information as I can before I start the build.

I believe full details of the base are on the Yahoo group, but if anyone has any high definition reference photos, I'd love a copy.

I'll update again soon.

Regards,

Ramjet.

Welcome to the group! We've got the stuff from the yahoo group here already, in the files section. There's some images of interest in the images area as well. We also have the very best documentation of the eye lenses, including .stls to print them. Good luck with your build and we look forward to seeing your progress!
Started on a base to be fabricated from 3mm styrene sheet.

Attached Files
.pdf   WED-A-STY-001-R0.PDF (Size: 73.63 KB / Downloads: 19)
The first of the CAD files are coming along nicely.

Cool!
I would love to make me a Treadwell.

But it seems i cant find those charger belts here in Germany. Without having them any other progress would be useless, so i stopped working on it until i find them.

But i will follow your build with great interest.
Wheel Details.

Attached Files
.pdf   Wheel Details.PDF (Size: 126.44 KB / Downloads: 11)
Be sure to have a look in my build log, where I'm basically doing the same thing (starting at the other end), albeit very slowly.  I'm not feeling particularly constrained by what the yahoo group produced, nor necessarily going for a screen accurate droid, but in a couple of posts (5, 14, etc.) I drew attention to a few of the issues I came across in those drawings.
Thanks, Dyne.

I think it would be impossible to strive for perfection, as there are many styles of Treadwell.

I'll use the local resources to get me close, then do what I feel is close.

I've just found some affordable pneumatics to animate one or two arms.

Here are the neck files.

Attached Files
.pdf   NECK.PDF (Size: 164.91 KB / Downloads: 11)