Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Droid Blueprints and Plans
One of the cool aspects of a forum like this, for me, is the idea of creating a knowledge base. Build logs of course are at the forefront of that knowledge base. However plans and blueprints can be a great starting point. Most of my droids started with visiting the yahoo group of that droid. Yahoo has changed things around so much it is sometimes hard to get some of that original information. Perhaps we can look to those groups and see if we can get those same plans here. Again, building the knowledge base and assembling it one location. Perhaps there are builders here with their own plans. At any rate where should we post those plans? Should it be in the discussion area of each droid or in a blueprints section?
There's a files section in the gallery for exactly this purpose. The gallery is configured so that files of various types can be uploaded as well as images. I've got a number of sets of plans in progress and I hope to be posting some of them soon.

Maybe the name of the gallery should be changed to make this more obvious. I think I'll do that. How's "Images and Files" sound?
That sounds perfect. Maybe creating a folder for each droid in the files section, that we can upload various bits of information. I did notice that there is not an easy way back to the main forum from the gallery page. Might be a glitch.
At this time people can create their own "album" and stick files there. If you want to share in one of the main files/references albums you'll have to get an admin to move them or post them.