Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello from sunny alafrikenbama usa
Thank you for the add to the group, and WOW...lots of talented people making droids.
Since 1979 (when my father set me on the hood of his cab wit a bucket of chicken and a blanket at the drive in to watch Episode 4) i have been a STAR WARS fan.That being said..the droids were my favorite part and still are.
i recently joined the Astromech.net forums in an attempt to learn to build an astromech droid .(my kids play swkotor and love those little mechs that follow them around and give them bonuses) In an attempt to build a small R2 like droid about 2 feet tallish for my kids.great group of people and very informative, but i want a pitt droid and a T=series astromech also. so im looking for any info i can find to build DROIDS in general.
Hoping to get to know everyone and learn all i can.
and the sentry droid from episode 7 looks like a great beginer project for me.

again thanks for the add. and get ur translaters operational cause my typing/spelling is attrotiouse!!!
Welcome, lots of the droid building skills work for other droids too, so that helps!
a couple members from astromech.net put a birdie in my ear that somone in this group builds lots of half scale..or 2/3 scale droids...and that SC is somone i sould tlak to about it. im having trouble getting adobe to reduce the scale to 50% and print the lines out visably on his ho15 files. but deffinately wanting to build my little droid army lol.
A hearty welcome to the group, gizmoduck!

All of us here will be more than happy to help out anyway way we can. I look forward to seeing your builds!
(05-17-2017, 06:30 AM)savagecreature Wrote: A hearty welcome to the group, gizmoduck!

All of us here will be more than happy to help out anyway way we can. I look forward to seeing your builds!

hey there SC just the droid builder im looking for lol. im triing to print your sentry templates out but thelines dont showup if i sclae it down to smaller than 50%..got any ideas how to rectify that in adobe? any help would be geeatlt appreciated
what size are you trying to print them?
(05-17-2017, 04:10 PM)savagecreature Wrote: what size are you trying to print them?

50%..half scale..and only thing that prints out is the antanea..everything else lines r toooooooooooooooo light and dont print
just want to know how to darken the lines or what ever i need to do to get them to print.i chose poster for the print option..then print peices on each of 15 pages for each file but it doesnt print the thin lines
If you have a vector based drawing program, you might be able to import the PDFs, then manipulate them as necessary.
(05-17-2017, 07:04 PM)kresty Wrote: If you have a vector based drawing program, you might be able to import the PDFs, then manipulate them as necessary.

not gonna pretend i hv a clue what a vector based program is lol..i can use a computer..and i can normaly use a printer hahha.. but most likely dont hv one of those programs .
(05-17-2017, 06:07 PM)gizmoduck Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 04:10 PM)savagecreature Wrote: what size are you trying to print them?

50%..half scale..and only thing that prints out is the antanea..everything else lines r toooooooooooooooo light and dont print
just want to know how to darken the lines or what ever i need to do to get them to print.i chose poster for the print option..then print peices on each of 15 pages for each file but it doesnt print the thin lines

I'll have a look and see what I can come up with tonight when I get hiome