Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TT-8L/Y7 Gatekeeper Droid
Well, the new user "grindhouse designs", reminded me that I think the TT-8L/Y7 Gatekeeper Droid is pretty cool.  So I uploaded some pix of it.  I guess this is on my to-do list.  At this rate my list is gonna outgrow Savage's list!

http://www.rebeldroids.net/gallery/thumb...p?album=85 

[Image: normal_Gatekeeper_Droid_TT-8L_Y7_28929.jpg]

This one has some peculiar cordlike things that strike me as a little odd.  Here they are hanging down.  They're like what you'd expect an electrical cord to do if it needed to extend for a fitting.  On this droid they''re really odd though.

There's a "base" tube I think in the door.  Then the silver tube that the end of the cords attach to, and then an inner pipe.  The inner pipe makes it so he can "jump" closer to C-3PO, however the middle silver tube lso moves.  Instead of making it longer, that tube can slide along the inner tube, but doesn't do much to the position of the "eye".

if I see any other images ill add to it and thanks for these never realized the spikes on him
(04-18-2017, 07:31 PM)grindhouse designs Wrote: if I see any other images ill add to it and thanks for these never realized the spikes on him

I hadn't paid attention before, they're pretty interesting. (as these things go).
(04-18-2017, 08:46 PM)kresty Wrote:
(04-18-2017, 07:31 PM)grindhouse designs Wrote: if I see any other images ill add to it and thanks for these never realized the spikes on him

I hadn't paid attention before, they're pretty interesting. (as these things go).

Wait... is the eyeball thing not the same as the b'omarr monk? I always thought they were one in the same.
Nope the eye is more like part of the door. The Monk is just a creepy thing that lives in Jabbas palace
But wookieepedia says there's a Legends variant:  http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TT-8L_gatekeeper_droid - has a support built-in so it doesn't have to be part of the door.  Not entirely sure how that's supposed to work.

[Image: TT-8L-tattletale_negtd.jpg]
I wonder where the back of it goes? Seems like it'd need a big void in the door?
(04-21-2017, 09:02 PM)kresty Wrote: I wonder where the back of it goes?  Seems like it'd need a big void in the door?

that one at least looks a lot more fun to build. It could be articulated and move around lookin' at stuff
Yea, but I'm thinking that the door one could be mounted on a wall/booth/corner in a display more easily.
I like that the eye "opens".  That seems like an important feature to me.

[Image: normal_Gatekeeper_Droid_TT-8L_Y7_28329.jpg]

[Image: normal_Gatekeeper_Droid_TT-8L_Y7_28429.jpg]