Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What droid's on the left?
I think we've mentioned it before...  Green topped thing.  (We should put this in the wiki as an index or something!)

[Image: star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-1981.jpg]
It's a KPR servant droid
Ah, now search "kpr" works Smile http://www.rebeldroids.net/forum/showthr...hlight=kpr I thought I'd seen it before somewhere!
Now it even has a (really short) wiki entry: http://www.rebeldroids.net/wiki/index.ph...vant_Droid
Yeah, that was one of the ones I wanted to try since it seems fairly simple in its design. I was trying to figure out what sort of parts to use, especially for the dome which seems to be smaller than an R2 unit's dome.

The action figure version has some nice detail on it and I had started trying to work out the size of the thing based on other figures.
(04-14-2017, 04:47 AM)deathproof Wrote: Yeah, that was one of the ones I wanted to try since it seems fairly simple in its design. I was trying to figure out what sort of parts to use, especially for the dome which seems to be smaller than an R2 unit's dome.

The action figure version has some nice detail on it and I had started trying to work out the size of the thing based on other figures.

Wonder if the dome is a hemisphere?  (or close enough?)
(04-14-2017, 08:33 AM)kresty Wrote:
(04-14-2017, 04:47 AM)deathproof Wrote: Yeah, that was one of the ones I wanted to try since it seems fairly simple in its design. I was trying to figure out what sort of parts to use, especially for the dome which seems to be smaller than an R2 unit's dome.

Wonder if the dome is a hemisphere?  (or close enough?)

These were some very basic sizes I came up with based on the action figure:

[Image: bkur6K.jpg]

Assuming my sizes are anywhere near accurate, the dome on 2X is about 15" in diameter, which is a bit smaller than an "official" R2 dome which is 18.25" in diameter.
I guess from that pix the figure comes apart?
(04-14-2017, 10:01 PM)kresty Wrote: I guess from that pix the figure comes apart?

Yep!

Some of these newer droid figures are gorgeous. Their FX-7 is amazing.