Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wait, they didn't buy him!
I noticed yesterday Treadwell was in the Lars house - after the Jawas had one to sell that they didn't buy.
(04-10-2017, 11:16 AM)kresty Wrote: I noticed yesterday Treadwell was in the Lars house - after the Jawas had one to sell that they didn't buy.

They owned that Treadwell before the droid sale. You can see him in the footage/photo helping Luke to repair a moisture vaporator while the Tantive IV is being attacked by the Star Destroyer. Luke watches the fight and then goes into Anchorhead to tell his friends, where he meets up with Biggs.

[Image: latest?cb=20110221073832]
I got confused about the droids in the lineup, the Jawas have the spidery one, my bad.

I did see a continuity error there last night, there's a brief cut back to R2 after Red blows his motivator, and luke says what about that one, cut back to Artoo, and a couple Jawas are fooling with Red right next to him...

From http://caps.pictures/197/7-starwars4/ful...m-2062.jpg & 2063.jpg

[Image: star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-2062.jpg]

[Image: star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-2063.jpg]
There is another WED-15 Treadwell on the Sandcrawler, though, which wasn't in the sale.  WED-15-I662.

Side note.  To be honest, while some (read: wookieepedia) treat the Septoid (spidery droid) as basically a Treadwell with a lot of extra arms, I've always felt it was a different model entirely, albeit by the same manufacturer.

It doesn't have the same head.  It doesn't have the same base (more enclosed).  The only real similarity is that it has a similar layout: a flat base with treads and an aerial, and a stick body.  But even the body differs from Treadwell's; it's more uniform and the mount is raised off the base and surrounded by a ring type of mount for the arms.

Edit edit: Bah, Ignore this.  Now the links are working fine.  No idea what's up.
Well, I tried to copy that bit to the bug reports and totally messed up the thread (I totally permanently deleted it). Except somehow it wasn't permanent, 'cause I got it back.
(04-12-2017, 05:40 PM)kresty Wrote: Well, I tried to copy that bit to the bug reports and totally messed up the thread (I totally permanently deleted it).  Except somehow it wasn't permanent, 'cause I got it back.

I made a bunch of edits to my post, as I realized it was unclear.  That might have borked things.  

There are now two different copies of this thread, this one and the one in the Treadwell section.
I'm with you, the Septoid and Treadwell are pretty different.

[Image: normal_WED_Septoid_anh.png] [Image: normal_Wed15-77.jpg]

Treadwell has open tracks, Septoid is closed.  Both are boxy at the base, but Treadwell's big stalk is mounted to the base, whereas the Septoid's is on a raised platform....  Maybe not as far apart as Chopper and Artoo, but further apart than an R3 and R2.

I was updating the wiki visual index, I think I'll list Septoid separately.
Wookipedia's funny there "The Galactic Empire used those droids to repair their turrets and structures on the battlefield because they were able to keep working at full efficiency until they were destroyed".... As fragile as they look, I think the same hit that damage one would also put it in the "destroyed" category!