Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know what the oil cans are?
The toolbox droid has a couple tools associated with it, but it was pointed out that the oil cans are basically real oil cans. In the moving scene they seem to be on top of it. They can be seen in the stills from Lee's presentation too:

[Image: normal_toolbox_05.jpg]

[Image: normal_toolbox_04.jpg]

There's a red metal old style can which apparently has something like a CO2 cartridge stuck to the side of it with a line going to the top.

And there's a big 2 liter (litre since it goes with Lee's droid?) brown painted plastic dispensing can, corrugated nozzle like a oil dispenser, sized more like a watering can. I know it's 2L because on the side it says "0,5L 1L 1,5L and 2L"

There's additional writing on the 2L container bottom, and though I upgraded Savage's 720p screen grabs to 1080p, I still can't make out the letters.

I'm assuming the container was intended for the continental market since it has commas for decimal points rather than periods. Not sure if it's something common to the UK despite the 0,5L style markings, or if it was picked up on the other side of the channel.
Aha, found the big one! It's a Pressol 0656238 2L petrol can with flexible nozzle and it's cheaper in Germany. I'm guessing it's illegal in the US (doesn't conform to our gas can laws.)

https://www.amazon.de/Pressol-0656238-Au...0043YLUTO/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pressol-0656238...0043YLUTO/

Ooo, found one on ebay that ships to the US for only $60! Not gonna happen!

I imagine that finding this part was much easier for folks not in the US! -- However, I think this is the first time I've sleuthed down an actual (non-obvious-to-me) movie part to its source.
When i was working maintenance for a netherlands company we used that 2l cans. Usually for refilling oil after a change.
wow. I'm impressed you found that. It also gives a good sense of scale for the droid. I honestly thought it was smaller, but that seems to be true for most droids. they always seem huge to me when I see them to scale
(03-19-2017, 02:19 AM)Lichtbringer Wrote: When i was working maintenance for a netherlands company we used that 2l cans. Usually for refilling oil after a change.

Yea, I figured it'd have been blatantly obvious in the right market.  Now if we had a ruler on one of the cans we could use the ,5L - 2L capacity marks to figure out the scale of the droid pretty closely I think.
Lara wants to paint one, anyone going to Europe?
I can get you one or more from Amazon.de

But due to parcel size shipping them over the pond would not be cheap.
(03-19-2017, 11:51 AM)Lichtbringer Wrote: I can get you one or more from Amazon.de

But due to parcel size shipping them over the pond would not be cheap.

Yea, I saw one on ebay $60 shipping Smile  Maybe someone's going to Celebration?
(03-18-2017, 11:31 PM)kresty Wrote: The toolbox droid has a couple tools associated with it, but it was pointed out that the oil cans are basically real oil cans.  In the moving scene they seem to be on top of it.  They can be seen in the stills from Lee's presentation too:

[Image: normal_toolbox_05.jpg]

[Image: normal_toolbox_04.jpg]

There's a red metal old style can which apparently has something like a CO2 cartridge stuck to the side of it with a line going to the top.

And there's a big 2 liter (litre since it goes with Lee's droid?) brown painted plastic dispensing can, corrugated nozzle like a oil dispenser, sized more like a watering can.  I know it's 2L because on the side it says "0,5L 1L 1,5L and 2L"

There's additional writing on the 2L container bottom, and though I upgraded Savage's 720p screen grabs to 1080p, I still can't make out the letters.

I'm assuming the container was intended for the continental market since it has commas for decimal points rather than periods.  Not sure if it's something common to the UK despite the 0,5L style markings, or if it was picked up on the other side of the channel.
The bits and pieces on top of the toolbox droid and mounted inside the drop down door were supplied by Props so were nothing to do with me so I have no source information on any of those items I'm afraid.

Lee Towersey