Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster Mouse Droid? Maybe?
Chopped some big pipes into little pipes last night. Our saw was misbehaving so we also got another saw. Lara vetoed my plan for attaching them to the car, so I'll have to figure out something else. Per instructions the something else will involve the rails I bought for the rack...

Chopping the pipe into these little bits has resulted in some flying plastic. Need to use caution...
MSE

Cutting (and cleaning) a lot of pipes... (96 plus we cut a few extras).  And a couple little boards.  Hopefully we'll have enough for the top greeblies.

MSE

And then Lara happily cleans up after us!

Ok, maybe "happily" is an overstatement...

MSE
[Image: normal_More_Parts.jpg]
Lara Painted More Parts!!!
Getting there...
that's a lot of parts. Don't you people have jobs? Wink
(12-01-2018, 10:46 AM)savagecreature Wrote: that's a lot of parts. Don't you people have jobs? Wink

Notice it being dark out?
Little bit of progress. Really sticky fingers. Do the other in a bit when it's set so we can use these clamps.

[Image: normal_Top_Greeblies_Progress.jpg]
Top Greeblies Progress
Upper part of the top greeblies glued together
Went back to work's Maker Garage to cut a template for the bottom side of the upper greeblies and then stuck those on...

Also got the 2nd one's topside is done... Inferno is, of course, helping.

[Image: normal_Top_Greeblies_Work_28229.jpg]
Inferno likes to help
Of course Inferno doesn't want to feel left out.

Spraying...

That looks a bit rougher than I'd wanted, may want to clean that up if it still shows later.
Checking the fit of the top greeblies.  Need to see how high to make the blocks off the rails.  Noticed that the roof rail is taller in the back, so I guess that'll have to adjust our fit...

(These aren't finished, still need a little more details and mounting stuff to happen)

Figuring out sides, I have a bunch of stuff ordered, hopefully some of it will work. Top caps I just printed at the wrong size though, I'm going to have to reprint those Sad
I wanted a little more detail on the top greeblies, so I have some printed parts we worked on.  One consideration is how to allow the pipes to dry out.  After we assemble these, they'll get more paint.

The key bit still missing here is that I need to finish designing the blocks that hold the board to the car's rails.

[Image: normal_Have_More_Parts__28329.jpg]
Printed a few things for the top greeblies
This cap is 2 parts so I don't have to use supports to print (center post is separate).  Holes in the cap so if it rains it has a chance of drying.

[Image: normal_Have_More_Parts__28229.jpg]
End greeblie round caps printed
The 3D model's end details had round tops, so I printed some.  Holes to allow water to dry.

We probably also want to put some putty or otherwise improve some of the "wood" texture that's currently visible through the paint.  Probably won't paint these bits 'til we get that done too.