Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster Mouse Droid? Maybe?
Ugh, sick today, but it was nice out so took a few minutes to prime the "chips." The spraypaint eats away the foam, so I tried applying a latex house paint with an electric gun. Kinda looks like it'll work OK, but taking forever to dry.

It stuck to the foam better on the edges where it was cut than on the smooth faces of the "chips."

[Image: normal_Big_Chips.jpg]
Priming the chips on their rails
Hopefully the latex will keep the final spraypaint from eating away the foam....
Finally got around to strapping on the side greebles for testing...

Getting closer...  (Just testing the fit, yea, I know it needs a bath...)

[Image: normal_Monster_Mouse_Droid_Side_Greeblie...108129.jpg]
Testing Side Greeble Fit
Yea, it needs a bath, but we went ahead and strapped on the side greeblies today.

Side greebles flop a lot.  After we took those off, the top greeblies made it to 57mph with no noticeable problems.

We realized that since we attached it the way we did, the droid knows a fun trick.

That really is a cool trick! I'm impressed with how it all turned out. Excellent work!
(03-13-2019, 06:43 AM)savagecreature Wrote: That really is a cool trick! I'm impressed with how it all turned out. Excellent work!

Thanks!  The coolest bit is that I took the shot from an angle that hides all the crap Lara's strewn all about the inside of the minivan!

It's washed and we're trying to figure out if we dare try to cross the bridge to ECCC fully decked out or if we need to attach bits on the other side.

Clearance:  7' 1"  ECCC parking garages are shorter than that, hmmm....
Bummed about not having a horn sound, but I attached a speaker like we do in the droids... I'll have to post video. Car washed too Smile Used it to take the droids to ECCC. Was trying to stay around 50mph, but did 60 for a bit. We weren't certain about the side straps, but they seemed OK-ish. On the way back there were some funny noises, like whoomp or something. Figured a gust went a funny way. When we removed them the sides were looser (stretched?) that might have made it flop more (whoomp). Everything else seemed totally secure! Though lara did miss one of the elastic loops on the top greeblies (apparently she was going to ask me to get it and forgot). Fortunately there're 3 per side.
Off to ECCC....