Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kresty working on Fusion Power Generator
After priming I needed to figure out where all the greebles go, which is part of the other delay.  The 8 holes for the main upper hose mounts are great alignment marks, but the bottom sloped ring has 32 (THIRTY-TWO!!!!) places where stuff gets stuck.  

There was no way I was going to guess very accurately where 1/32nd of a circle was, so I printed & laser cut some rings with ticks where the parts go.  I could then mark the panels with a pencil.

Because I didn't have spots for the top, Savage gave me a top view that I did something similar with so I can figure out where the T pieces go.  I'm not going to bother to post the template because the updated plans have cutouts for the T bits to be held in place.

[Image: normal_Template_for_Fusion_Generator_28329.jpg]
Top Template since I didn't have holes
I've added holes and knobs for the laser cut plans so this won't be a future issue.

For the base's template, I went ahead and posted the files in case other folks want to print and cut them out.  They're ~18x18" so you'll need to tile papers.  There's also a version with thin black and thin blue lines so the blue ones can be vector etched with a laser - but they're harder to see, so I used the blue ones.  

The template's in the file section:

[Image: thumb_Alignment_Template.jpg]
Alignment Guides for Greeblie Placement
I used this to figure out where those 32 greebles go around the angled ring.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kresty working on Fusion Power Generator - by kresty - 12-03-2017, 03:32 PM