Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kresty working on Fusion Power Generator
Of course I still need quite a bit of work, but here's what I'm planning for the light.  Basically I stole Valor's light selection.  He'd mentioned on the RPF using an Orange LED, and I could see from the picture that it's a Phillips.  Works pretty well.

I stuck that in a $2 fixture, the kind you'd stick on a closet ceiling. It and the LED bulb came from home Depot. I figure I might eventually do something fancier with WS2812's to flicker or something, but this is quick and easy.

Without the diffuser it looks silly, so I put it in there. It's clear and looked a little off, so I threw in a piece of paper just for the test. I'll see if I can find something that does the same job but a little more transparent. (cheaper paper?)

As I mentioned, this was just a quick test to see if the fitting worked like I wanted, the body still needs sanded & primed & everything else. And there are a few pinhole light leaks.

Those didn't surprise me. What did surprise me is seeing through the top of the lid. I guess that ABS isn't as thick as I'd've expected. Seems like most spots were covered thick enough with the primer, but some of it must be really thin. I'm surprised, without the backlight it looks totally covered.

I suppose I'll probably cover the lid inside with a reflector - some aluminum or something - help make the light brighter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kresty working on Fusion Power Generator - by kresty - 11-29-2017, 12:03 AM