Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kresty working on Fusion Power Generator
Grabbed some hoses, took a little bit of thought, nothing really was exactly what I'd preconcieved.  Picked up clear 7/16" OD x 5/16" ID tubing and black 1/4" soaker hose

Lower black hose/cable

I like the idea of the black hose for the lower hoses.  The lower hoses seem to me to be placeholders for the cable that Luke plugged into Artoo, which clearly isn't really one of these hoses (because it's too long).  Makes me think of the fusion generator as a USB charging station.  It comes with some shorter cables to charge your blaster, but you can stick a longer cord into it if your droid decided to park further from the charger.

Anyhoo, the soaker hose is about the right diameter.  Maybe a hair big.  Flexible wire might be better, but rigid wire's going to bend and look stupid and the polyeurethane tubing is going to kink and look stupid.  This is rubber so it should work well, and I like the idea of it's texture.  Also it isn't marked like wire might be. It fits onto the nipple's that savage put on his parts, though it's a tight fit and I would prefer the little one stuck out a hair further.

I'm probably going to get a coiled 1/4" audio cable to mimic Luke's plugging in Artoo as well.  The cable's kinda cheap, so I might get one to chop up and see how that looks instead of the soaker hose.

Upper clear hose

The clear hose at 7/16" outer diameter seems to fit about right, it's a hair smaller than the diameter of Savage's 3D part posts.  As mentioned though, it looks like the hose on the real model goes into the T connectors.  Regardless I couldn't really figure out how to attach it to the connectors.  A hole could be made in the T bit for a thinner hose, but I fear the walls will be too thin for this hose at about 1/2mm.  I think I'll stick an adapter into the T for the hose to plug onto.  

Given the still where the hose has fallen off and the T is still intact, my guess is that it's some sort of hollow metal tube, maybe a threaded nut of some kind.  We're not going to be able to have walls that thin with printed plastic, so something else has to give.  I don't want to make it thicker, nor the hose thinner, so that's why I've decided an adapter might work.  I'm thinking a nipple that fits in the 5/16 ID tube, so maybe a 5/16 ID hole in the T?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kresty working on Fusion Power Generator - by kresty - 11-28-2017, 03:04 PM