Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kresty working on Fusion Power Generator
Well, I stumbled a bit because I'm uncertain what I'm going to do with the hoses to attach them to their fittings.  Meanwhile, I was also undecided about the coils - and the top coil mount prints were pretty much useless.

I decided to put little holes in the top coil mounts to accept the coil wire and reprinted them - but, of course, the SD card I have started freaking out and causing errors.  (I gave a spare printer to a school and they got my last good SD card too.  It needs a stupid 2GB max SD card).  I finally found another one that works and got the bits printed.

In the middle of all that, I also applied Bondo to the top and sanded it off. It's not "great", but it'll be OK - my intent is to have a part that looks like it's been camping out in the field a few times.

And since I got all those bits attached, then I could prime the top & edges.  Wow, it's starting to look like something...

There are a couple spots where the primer's a little thin. I probably can just let the paint catch those, I'm sure they aren't noticeable in the picture. The primer did color the random colors of the parts like I expected! Smile

I have the window strip glued to the bottom, which will be cool I think (protect the T upper hose mounts when removed), but it got loose while painting the top and I had to affix it better. Not terribly surprising given my lackadaisical approach to gluing these things.

Hopefully I'll get wire soon (it's on a slow boat apparently).  I didn't prime the bottom yet because I want to attach the 8 upper hose mounts that go under the rim - which brings me back to that bit I mentioned about not knowing how the hoses are going to attach to the mounts.

Note that the middle bit isn't actually affixed, I've left it removable, at least for now, in case I want to poke my fingers into it or something.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kresty working on Fusion Power Generator - by kresty - 11-28-2017, 12:53 AM