Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kresty working on Fusion Power Generator
Collecting top panels, I've been a little stuck, the first ones didn't print well, I modified the model, and have a further improvement. I think this is doing better, so I'll finally get the rest of the sections printed. (It's not that Savage's model was bad, it's just the printer I was using was doing strange things. Part of the mitigation is to avoid that machine!)
Ok, so I went to glue the first 2 parts together and discovered I'd somehow transcribed the plans wrong and the tab doesn't fit.  Oops.  Xacto time.

[Image: normal_WP_20170424_18_26_08_Pro_281620x192029.jpg]
Well, I messed that up.
Back tab is off by 1/8" or so.  Oops.

So if you were considering using my laser cut parts, you may wanna wait for me to update the file!
Bummer, other parts aren't lining up. See the main Fusion Generator thread, I think the PDF scaling is a little mixed up. http://rebeldroids.net/forum/showthread....28#pid2528
Savage provided the right-scale files, and new PDFs have been uploaded!  Cool, now I just need some time to fix mine. I'm feeling a little intimidated by Valor's build posted over on astromech though, wow he did a good job!
This figure shows the difference in scale between the original mis-scaled PDFs (red) and the correctly scaled versions (black):
[Image: normal_Bad_Sizes.png]
I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to "fix" my parts.  Sheet 1 is really close, probably within the kerf of the laser. Sheet 0 isn't too bad either, just a little big - and on parts that wrap, those might be easy to trim.

So, I think I'm going to try only recutting the parts from the last sheet, Sheet 2.  I'm wondering if I can re-use the little stand-off at least?  Of course there are only 6 of those so maybe I should just recut them. In addition to the parts on these sheets, I also cut the fins for the top (vs 3D printing them), however I started with the 3D model so those should be OK.
Hmm, thinking about the coils on top.  Wonder how many feet for each coil?  Wondering about the color.  12 or 14 gauge seems like it'd be about right, maybe.

[Image: normal_dagobah-chargerDetail5B15D.jpg]
[Image: normal_scaleStab_015B15D.jpg]

Looks like copper from the reference photos - I suppose it could be something else, but copper is pretty easy to find and matches the color (assuming the colors are correct).
Hey kresty!  
Valor's build is pretty incredible.  I'm sure you can pull it off, too!
Well, that was annoying.  I've updated the "laser plans" after fixing the scaling problem.  I still haven't recut or tested them, but they should be much better now!

Fortunately only some of the parts were really off, so first I'm going to try just recutting those.

[Image: thumb_Laser_24x18_Alternate_Flat_Pack.png]
V2 Alternate Plat Pack Files intended for 18x24 Laser Cutter
This is the V2 version of the 18x24 Laser Cutter plans, updated with more accurate directions!  And I put scales on the sheets too!  

Still not well tested, so use with care and be sure to provide feedback.
The new parts look like they're gonna fit!
Just looking at the parts diagram.  How big at the square bits on ring E?  I think I missed those.  Wonder if I missed anything else?  'course I have to figure out where I stashed all my printed bits.

[Image: partsBreakDown.jpg]