Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joyce's MSE
(01-22-2017, 05:14 PM)perlgurl Wrote: This is my build log for my MSE.
Shell. It’s huge!

Thanks for sharing!  And yea, it's amazing how big these mice are when you first see one in person!
Chassis mounted to frame mounted to shell. Pleased with my results. https://youtu.be/O5ihF9f93Fk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

[Admin - embedded video]

Cool, that's a fun step Smile It's always nice to see the things move! We also had movement before the top was on.
I still have to pull it all apart again, paint it and get all the RC parts installed, but this part had me stumped for quite some time. Glad it's done and I can move onto things I feel more comfortable figuring out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Experimentation is important to figure those things out, glad you got it working!

When we built Artoo, I was uncertain about the motors, so one of our first things was a foot running around all by itself (It actually reminded me of a mouse) - No steering, no throttle, and wires attached (and a menace to the cat), but it proved that the drivetrain worked.
Cool! I love it when you get them moving. It takes them to a whole new level Smile
Getting closer, just need a couple l-brackets to secure the servo and an adapter to connect the battery to the receiver. Hoping to have a drivable rc by the weekend.

[Image: ed47ddc7eb6edf2915340662734ddd6b.jpg]

Typed on a tiny keyboard using Tapatalk
Wheels! Wheels are good!
(02-26-2017, 09:38 PM)kresty Wrote: Wheels! Wheels are good!
I'm kind of excited to get this thing rolling. It's been sitting mostly unassembled for far too long!

Typed on a tiny keyboard using Tapatalk
(02-27-2017, 12:25 AM)perlgurl Wrote: I'm kind of excited to get this thing rolling.  It's been sitting mostly  unassembled for  far too long!

Heh, I know that pain.  My Artie Deco build was started in October 2015 and still isn't rolling under its own power.  I only have a vague idea of how to make the drivetrain (probably going to need 90 degree turns).  I just got my first droid-sized LIPO in last week and still don't have the charger.

So I'm working on Treadwell instead...  which I naturally started by printing a BB-8 Radar Eye and holoprojector.  I may be easily distracted.

The MSE should be fun.  Terrorize cats and small children.  Flee from wookies.