Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Hoth or what we call Fairbanks, Alaska
Hello from Fairbanks, Alaska.  It’s -29F outside my windows, warmed up from -45F earlier this week.  I think of this place as Hoth during the winter and when it’s this cold there is nothing to do but stay inside and work on projects.

A bit about me: I joined the 501st back in 2002 since I used to enjoy costuming a lot, but I’ve always liked the droids more than anything else in SW. I’ve wanted to build droids since before I joined the 501stb and though I’m a programmer I knew nothing about robotics or machines so I always thought it was a task that out of reach for me. Then I saw the droid exhibit at C2 in 2002 and talked to a fellow trooper than also had an R2 unit about what it took to build and it seemed feasible, but I just never got around to it. A little over a year ago I started collecting parts in order to build an R2. I grabbed an MSE shell while I was getting my dome from Granite Earth but it sat on a shelf for almost a year.  

I started building my MSE-6 in December. I’ve started a build log for my MSE on Astromech, but then I found out about you all so here I am. I’ll duplicate the log here.  

Off to work on my droid for a bit now….

Joyce
Welcome to the group, Joyce!
Half of my family lived in Alaska for years, though I never have. Been up there a few times, though. Smile

I live in California. It's a lot warmer here. Wink (though I miss snow)

I look forward to seeing your build!
Welcome, thanks for joining Smile -- wait, isn't Hoth in Norway?
(01-22-2017, 08:55 PM)savagecreature Wrote: Welcome to the group, Joyce!
Half of my family lived in Alaska for years, though I never have. Been up there a few times, though. Smile

I live in California. It's a lot warmer here. Wink (though I miss snow)

I look forward to seeing your build!
I've also lived in California, Colorado, Maine and Florida. I'm not military, just a wanderer. I plan to just wander around Alaska until the end of my days.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
(01-22-2017, 09:19 PM)kresty Wrote: Welcome, thanks for joining Smile -- wait, isn't Hoth in Norway?
Smile

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Welcome to rebel droids from Maryland